GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 08:22:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, Just signed up and I need some advices!~  (Read 17669 times)

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
Re: Hey, Just signed up and I need some advices!~
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2010, 01:46:58 pm »

Someone above said spawns are random on the original N64 game which is somewhat true.  If you play multiplayer enough you'll be able to guess the spawn location 95% of the time.  It seemed like the game would typically spawn your opponent on the opposite side of the map.  As soon as you kill the dude haul ass towards the other side of the map and if you are swift you should be able to spawn kill them.  After awhile it's like intuition.  Some maps are just too big but you can easily do this on Basement.  You gotta know how to strafe run though or you'll never make it.  You gotta be accurate too or pimps like me when spawn up and kill yo ass then run the table on you :)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2010, 02:15:18 pm »

You can cut that all down to "please don't spam"

I see four different points in his post.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

bluemeanie

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bluemeanie is looked down upon.
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2010, 07:08:22 pm »

I would stop if i were you, or someone will let KM out of his cage and you'll be in real trouble :P
               That is of course unless you want to challenge us to a game of GE:S? Then im sure we can all oblige and wipe the floor with your ass :P

He can do whatever he wants to do. I'm just defending myself because I don't think he was fairly going after me.              And ass for wiping the floor with my ass? See, now I am actually 10 times more likely to play you. Quick question, is it more like bond and more difficult to aim or did it take on the new-age more seamless handling of the sight?

I see four different points in his post.
All of which except for googling a GE64 forum have been addressed. Which is obviously how I found this place.. The Goldeneye: SOURCE. It seems like you guys re-inventing everything would make you know it inside and out upfront. So speaking with the developers seems like it would be my best bet.

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2010, 07:18:44 pm »

Someone above said spawns are random on the original N64 game which is somewhat true.  If you play multiplayer enough you'll be able to guess the spawn location 95% of the time.  It seemed like the game would typically spawn your opponent on the opposite side of the map.  As soon as you kill the dude haul ass towards the other side of the map and if you are swift you should be able to spawn kill them.  After awhile it's like intuition.  Some maps are just too big but you can easily do this on Basement.  You gotta know how to strafe run though or you'll never make it.  You gotta be accurate too or pimps like me when spawn up and kill yo ass then run the table on you :)

Nice. Yeah I have noticed that if you kill someone and get TOO close to the next spawn site then it will skip that one and go to the next. Honestly after spending about 30 minutes on every map it seems like spawn kills can be easily done 4/5 times. I don't think the spawns are random to be honest. With that said I'm just looking for glitches like shooting through floors. And also good spots to hit explosions when they are on the other side of the wall.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2010, 07:59:47 pm »

He can do whatever he wants to do. I'm just defending myself because I don't think he was fairly going after me.              And ass for wiping the floor with my ass? See, now I am actually 10 times more likely to play you. Quick question, is it more like bond and more difficult to aim or did it take on the new-age more seamless handling of the sight?

All of which except for googling a GE64 forum have been addressed. Which is obviously how I found this place.. The Goldeneye: SOURCE. It seems like you guys re-inventing everything would make you know it inside and out upfront. So speaking with the developers seems like it would be my best bet.

I'm gonna sneak in for a quick post, Re-inventing everything from the source perspective. this game is closer to the original goldeneye than any re-make/invent mod i've ever seen. this is not like the Wii version of goldeneye with iron sights, pistol whipping.. this is GE:64 on a Source Engine. The Aiming is the same.. hit a button to have the aimer come up or leave it be with a no-crosshair screen.. no hud, nothing new-age here which is why we can be passionate about what we do here.. because GE:64 is a classic and we're elitists.. the only things that arent 100% re-made from scratch and that we're changed is because that their is a-lot more going on in GE:S matches instead of sitting in a small room with 4 people raping eachother there is 20+ people.

Honestly[fuck yeah my favorite word], I didn't really read much of any posts here.. just wanted to throw my imo input. I'd stay as far away from trying to judge us as possible.

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2010, 09:31:08 pm »

^ Yeah, obviously if you guys can do such amazing things with a game then you can do other sht on a computer too. I just don't don't think that because I am the new guy it means I should get called out every time. If you guys REALLY want to hack me then that's fine. I don't really care because this isn't even my computer. I don't own one. This is how I approach most situations: Like an MC battle. A battle is when two people go at it in sport. And may the best man win. And when it's done, you shake hands and get a drink. There ain't no beef during or after a battle. Beef is when you need two gatts to walk the streets. For example my buddy kept trash talking and telling me to put $20 down every time we played goldeneye. I didn't want to at first so I was chill with it. But after the 8th time I decided that I'm going to have to get good enough to beat him every time until he never plays the game again. And obviously talk shit the entire time. Then afterward I'll buy him a drink with the money he just gave me. And there will be no hard feelings. So yes, I apologize for going so hard at Killermonkey. I just have multiple battles coming up (GE64 then rhyme battle.. Hair red like tobasco. Rhymes hotter than peppers in your asshole) so I'm in that mode right now. Sorry.

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2010, 10:41:05 pm »

then welcome to the forum. it´s a nice place to live  8)
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2010, 11:32:14 pm »

Can someone /thread this...

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2010, 11:34:11 pm »

/thread? (mods can alter my action if they want)

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2010, 12:59:40 pm »

For the record: bluemeanie, I like your style. If you ever do get a good computer come back so we can go 1v1 on GoldenEye: Source. I am not too interested in GE 64 online unfortunately.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up