GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 10:18:08 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, Just signed up and I need some advices!~  (Read 17672 times)

bluemeanie

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • bluemeanie is looked down upon.
Hey, Just signed up and I need some advices!~
« on: September 29, 2010, 06:20:21 am »

Hey I need some strategy tips for the normal multiplayer on the Nintendo 64 console. And help is appreciated or any websites with information about the game would also be good.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:52:55 am by bluemeanie »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
Re: Hey, Just signed up and I need some advices!~
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 06:54:07 am »

The only tip I can give you is 1v1 spawn camping doesn't work for multiple reasons.

1. There is a small invul time to stop the spawn camp, and in LTK would just mean he has time to shot you instead and your shot does nothing.
2. The maps are large and it is built so you shouldn't spawn near another player.

The spawns are in fixed locations but the order of where you spawn in is random.  So sorry you actually need skill to win in our game.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 07:09:20 am »

So sorry you actually need skill to win in our game.
True that. But low latency and a good mouse will also help to boost your skill.
As well as knowing the weapon and armor spawn places, fire in bursts or single shot, aim fot the head (well... some things are not that vital in LtK).
Last but not least i disable music for seriouse gaming and use a good headset, that way you can hear the oponent especially on 1:1 matches.
If you pay attention to the different door sounds you get an idea of where he could be and ambush him at a tactical good position.

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 07:18:55 am »

Any advice is appreciated!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 11:53:27 am by bluemeanie »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 11:35:18 am »

Good luck with that, seems like you have more to lose in terms of the wager. I can only suggest finding your preferred weapon within each weaponset for LTK and playing it careful especially if you take the lead.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 12:12:24 pm »

Always try to find weapons with good accuracy/firerate - so even if you mess up the first shot, you'll have a good enough chance to hit with your next before you get hit. Most pistols work well (except for AuG and Magnum of course), RCP 90 is easymode. Just don't try to use the DK5 too much as well as the shotguns - long distance shots hitting your target 100% with them are nearly impossible. You even might use proximity mines, but stay away from the other mines, also from grenades and the grenade/rocket launchers bear a high risk of killing oneself in LTK.

And shoot whenever you see a single pixel of your enemy, even if he's running away unknowing you're behind him chances are you'll lose him or he turns around before you get a chance to kill him, so giving away your position isn't that much of a deal.

Next keyword is: bullet penetration. Learn which weapon can penetrate what and use it to your advantage - doors, windows, everything might be useful. (also the sound of a door opening will help - he'll likely pass through it a moment later -> in Facility there's two doors in a row, you might hear him and shoot through yours)

And last but not least: weapon/ammo pickup sounds, weapon/ammo spawns. If you're just two people on the map you'll always know when you hear the sound that he's nearby, when you don't see the supply where it should be that he passed this spot. You might also want to try and avoid picking up ammo yourself if you have enough (and in LTK that's usually after picking up the weapon + max 1 ammo crate), hiding your trails.

Shooting at random to lure him to you should only be used when you're confident in yourself.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 12:15:52 pm by coolDisguise »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 03:20:24 pm »

Or he could just watch the other guys screen...
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 07:15:46 pm »

Or he could just watch the other guys screen...

QFT
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

bluemeanie

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 02:04:37 am »

so no cheap kill advice?

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 08:46:09 am »

The dev team did everything to prevent cheap killing.
Only practice will make you suceed.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 10:31:30 am »

so no cheap kill advice?

Go and unplug the other guy's mouse and keyboard or shut off his monitor via some remote...

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 11:55:09 am »

my advice: get totally drunk and shoot the hell out of your friends. imagine you´re a maniac with bloodlust and scare the shit out of your friends.

Go and unplug the other guy's mouse and keyboard or shut off his monitor via some remote...

haha!  this is also a very good advice ;D
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 12:56:52 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 02:59:19 pm »

Aim for the head...
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2010, 05:53:23 pm »

Get moar armor.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2010, 06:00:10 pm »

Use moar klobb

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle