GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 27, 2024, 09:29:46 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Turret Gun on Bunker Wanted  (Read 7002 times)

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
Turret Gun on Bunker Wanted
« on: August 26, 2010, 07:10:30 pm »

Any chance we'll get to see the turret added to Bunker like it was in the original?  That would be sweeeeet.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Re: Turret Gun on Bunker Wanted
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2010, 09:04:55 pm »

In the original GoldenEye those were not around in the multiplayer modes. Even if the model was implemented for GE: S, the turret would be static in MP without actually shooting, since basically you would cut off a part of the map by placing fuctional turrets there (even if players could shoot those 2 turrets it'd be a waste of time to do so).
So my guess is: no.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2010, 09:26:49 pm »

Who knows. Whenever ge_bunker is released you'll know the answere.
This reminds me, i still have something to do.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 10:23:08 pm »

As do several other people Kraid :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 10:24:55 pm »

If they were not in the original GoldenEye MP They shouldn't be in the GE:S version. 3rd party mappers can do whatever they want but official should stay as close as possible to the original, even the current classic maps need to be fixed.

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 05:10:21 am »

I would say that you can place the guns on the wall, but then they should be inactive.
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 01:15:21 pm »

Well spending the time to place a non working turret on the map is not what I had in mind.  Sure the original maps should be left only but the current Bunker isn't official right so....let's have some fun with this.  It wouldnt cut the map off. It's an obstacle to maneuver.  At times it would work against you but it could also be used to distract my opponent while I blast a hole through their head.  Just an idea anyways.  I'm just a gamer so I'll leave it to you devs.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 01:23:12 pm »

A working turret gun would require a lot of work, especially in multiplayer. Besides modelling and animating it needs coding, and specific coding for multiplayer so that it recognises all players and not just player 0.

It's the sort of thing we could see if/when singleplayer comes around.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2010, 06:14:20 am »

Well I'm not sure what bunker you actually refer to but any made by "devs" is going to be an official one ;)

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 06:17:20 am »

Kraid released a Bunker.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 09:12:14 am »

...which was meant to be a community release.
Since it's not exactly a _classic and also not a neo map and there are other ppl doing the official versions allready, i think it'll stay that way.

@wake: In case your post was addressed to me, i wasn't talking about a map when i said: This reminds me, i still have something to do.
Pages: [1]   Go Up