GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 12, 2024, 03:48:25 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video: Insane 100-mph Crash Caught On Tape  (Read 5887 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
Video: Insane 100-mph Crash Caught On Tape
« on: August 24, 2010, 03:59:25 am »

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2010/08/video-insane-100-mph-crash-caught-on-tape/

Now im gonna think twice before I drive fast, if its worth getting to my destination quick as fuck or drive safely home.

Honestly, going 100MPH is a stupid act. If you want to drive that fast, play need for speed and choose the Lamborghini Diablo..

I drive like at the max of 75MPH in clear sunny weather.. but now after watching, i might consider changing my driving behavior and slow to 55-65 mph.

I hope everyone learns from that video.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
Re: Video: Insane 100-mph Crash Caught On Tape
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2010, 04:18:37 am »

Holy crap dude that's intense.. I, myself am a speeder too.. and this def. keeps moderation on going fast.. Recently our broke ass county has been pulling over for 5 over so maybe that's been a hint there.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 11:55:45 am »

I bet next time that kid will get a the donut fixed on his 86' Corolla before trying to hit 100MPH... dumbass.

If your car isn't built to go over 100MPH safely... you don't. It's pretty easy. You wont see me out in my Trooper doing 100. A. its stupid B. pretty sure physically impossible.

Now the Nova... that is built to go fast.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 04:54:04 pm »

I bet next time that kid will get a the donut fixed on his 86' Corolla before trying to hit 100MPH... dumbass.

If your car isn't built to go over 100MPH safely... you don't. It's pretty easy. You wont see me out in my Trooper doing 100. A. its stupid B. pretty sure physically impossible.

Now the Nova... that is built to go fast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08ugW1bm8T0&feature=related

love the sound...

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 10:55:49 pm »

Bah, what a dope. Driving 100+ on a busy freeway is just asking for trouble. 99% of the time it just ends in tragedy and death. The site, wreckedexotics.com is filled with a whole bunch of less fortunate speedsters.

Recently a friend of mine also went 130 on a freeway and filmed it, but we chewed him out for it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:16:03 pm by Sergeant Kelly »

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 03:31:55 pm »

Whilst i dont really agree with speeding to a dangerous degree im going to have to disagree with your statistics there Kelly :P

I know so many people that drive 100-120 on country roads, nevermind motorways (which they also do it on, and ours have corners) and have never crashed.

A friend of mine took me for a drive in his Mercedes D Class AMG at 165 on a motorway. That seemed a bit more stupid...

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 07:57:20 pm »

« Last Edit: August 28, 2010, 08:00:17 pm by Proxie »

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2010, 11:18:20 pm »

Going fast in a relatively safe environment - like on a track, or somewhere where there aren't innocent bystanders like an old airfield or something - i have no problem with - I own a motorbike, and in those kind of situations, driving fast is fine. But on public roads? People who speed excessively (ie, are going 100mph+) where there are slower moving vehicles put everyone in danger. The exception to this is the German Autobahns, but only because all the vehicles are moving fast, so the chances of a collision due to a difference in speed is much less, and this is why the autobahns don't have as many accidents as people would like to claim "everyone driving fast" causes.

But they are a single exception. Breaking the speed limit isn't just illegal, its dangerous - going so much faster than other vehicles means more chance of that kind of thing happening. I don't feel sorry for that guy, he's a freaking idiot.

Ditto to that guy above on the motorbike "look at me i can go 190mph". Stupid bastard. On a bike that's even more suicidal than a car.
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 03:29:48 am »

Whilst i dont really agree with speeding to a dangerous degree im going to have to disagree with your statistics there Kelly :P

I know so many people that drive 100-120 on country roads, nevermind motorways (which they also do it on, and ours have corners) and have never crashed.

A friend of mine took me for a drive in his Mercedes D Class AMG at 165 on a motorway. That seemed a bit more stupid...
Oh whoops, I meant to say crashes at 100+ MPH almost always end in death. The Autobahn in Germany would be far less popular if everyone died after reaching 100. :P
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 03:34:40 am by Sergeant Kelly »

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 01:26:45 pm »

I was referring to MPH :P

Being british i dont believe in kilometers lol

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

olileauk

• Last vestige of [L[T]K]
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • olileauk has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 11:03:51 pm »

Oh whoops, I meant to say crashes at 100+ MPH almost always end in death. The Autobahn in Germany would be far less popular if everyone died after reaching 100. :P

I read that literally - people reach 100kph and just die. They don't crash, they just die. I can see why that would make the autobahns less popular! =P
Been here since Alpha 1.1... Those were the days.

ShadowEx

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • ShadowEx has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 02:41:35 pm »

What in the world was that guy thinking, was he trying to pass the trooper by going 100mph around him and then lost control?  I had someone that was speeding cross the median and came straight for me, I was able to get out of the way but it scared me to death.  I think 100mph is a little excessive on public roads, there's no place I need to go thats worth dieing for.

Bashe

• Uppercut, oh yeah
  • Retired Developer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 73
  • Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!Bashe is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenEye: Source Homepage
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2010, 11:41:33 am »

That crash happened less than a mile from my house. Absolutely nuts. The way his car just basically disintegrates and how he managed to survive is nothing short of amazing. Had I been outside at the time, I probably would have heard it happening!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2010, 04:08:01 pm »

He was almost certainly saved by the car flipping after it gets airborn. If you look closely you can see that it actually turns almost 90 degrees to the left in the air and actually rolls over so that the bottom of the car impacts with the support.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2010, 05:26:54 pm »

That'd be a great amberlamps call for me...no need to wait around for the firefighters to extract the passenger(s) from the vehicle, all while making sure you don't fuck up the guy's spinal cord even more while getting him ready for transport.
Pages: [1]   Go Up