GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 28, 2024, 09:22:52 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Surface Map  (Read 12824 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Surface Map
« on: August 15, 2010, 11:27:38 pm »

Does anybody know where I can find this awesome looking map? Ive seen it being played on you tube and it looks amazing.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Surface Map
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 11:33:00 pm »

It was a community map for Beta 1.x created by Luchador before he was on the team. Luchador has since been brought onto the development team, and is working on cleaning up the map to the mod standards. Look for it in a soon-to-come release (whenever he finishes it basically).
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 11:53:14 pm »

Im not at all surprised he joined your team, that's one hell of a nice looking map, and im chuffed to hear it's coming, Thanks.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 11:56:07 pm »

I'm cumming waiting for this map to be released.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 02:15:10 am »

Ha ha... You must get through a lot of underwear.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 02:31:58 am »

^this.

I LOL'd

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 05:47:05 pm »

yha i remember when playing it in beta 3 very cool level, and this level finished is sure  very great
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 05:57:44 pm »

well, the one that you are seeing on youtube (if it a recent video) is the version that I am updating/changing. The core map is luchadors, but the recent youtube video that you saw was a leaked video of my changes/updates. Curse you frexx :) I am currently working on it still so you should see it sometime...soon (hopefully). I have a few little kinks to work out and then it will be out. I will need to get in contact with sharpshootah for them. Sadly, I am on vacation right now and keep finding wireless hotspots to keep in touch with everyone on the forums.

By the way, that youtube video is quite old in relation to how it looks (lighting wise) now. It has a much darker feel and some layout changes now. :) The actual official very will like wayy better than the one you saw, but at least you will have the community map to hold you over till it is released. :)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 06:01:25 pm by CCsaint10 [bklax23] »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 12:03:07 am »

WNx has a version of the Beta 1 Surface map (updated to work with Beta 3) on our private server, though we won't release it to the public out of respect for the original map maker. I will say that the sheer size of it makes it difficult to work well even with Turbo Mode Deathmatch.

terps4life90

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 02:48:04 am »

It's funny how much i have played Goldeneye source but yet to have played any surface level.

WNxEuphonic

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 106
  • WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!WNxEuphonic is awe-inspiring!
    • Euphonic.dev
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 04:58:47 am »

It's funny how much i have played Goldeneye source but yet to have played any surface level.

Join WNx, we play it occasionally on our clan's Fun Nights.

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2010, 11:12:44 pm »

Or just wait till I release it in which it will be smaller, look better, and many changes and not have to deal with the secrecy and occasional play of wnx. Either way, if people really wanted wnxs version they would have automatically released it dispute wnx authority since the player downloads the map anyway. It really isn't that hard.

I plan on releasing it to the public anyway (since there is really no point in try to keep it exclusive since people will take the Map anyway) so I am sure you will see a release thread of it sometime soon and it will be on OWS, of course ;)

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 01:22:11 am »

Nice, I loved that map. It's nice to hear that we'll be able to play a better version in Beta 4 again soon... I just hope you haven't changed it too much, as far as size and layout goes.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 06:02:20 am »

@saint: The point is, it's on the private server only so noone without access to this server should have the map.
Other servers don't host it because they ain't got the map files, otherwise i'm sure some would do and some players would like to play it, too.

I don't recomend someone to join WN (or any other clan) only for having access to some maps or other stuff.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 12:41:32 pm »

It's installed on the pub servers, just not in the votations/rotation since it's a big ass map, and the fast download mirror cries each time there is simultaneous download of 50+ meg files giving a fuck slow download speed for anyone overseas :/ Shit peering is shit.

not have to deal with the secrecy and occasional play of wnx.

There is no secrecy anywhere, you can download the map from luchador's map pack here http://files.ges-stats.com/maps/beta1/ Dont find it nice to call secrecy on that when in fact I provide free *permanent* host for any ges map and file. Anything I use on our server is publicly downloadable on there. Other group of people can't say the same (gameplays anyone?)...
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 04:08:37 pm by Doc.NO »

CCsaint10

« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 12:16:35 am »

@kraid - ah, i gotcha. Sorry for the confusion. I thought it was just anyone who joined the clan could have it. Didn't know it is only select people that choose not to distribute it. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

@Doc - My bad doc, I had no intent of trying to cause a fight. I originally thought you weren't even offering the map for people to check out, which I see now is completely wrong. I appreciate very much that you host any ges map and file. I have no control over the group of people who don't release game modes like you were saying, but I agree with you that we should all share what we have to create a stronger community of players. If some servers have stuff and others don't, it causes a little bit of a division in the community, which I like to see all players having fun together. My bad man, I respect you greatly. I hope you don't think so otherwise. :) Thank you for your work.

Doc.NO

• 00 Agent
  • Doc.NO hides in shadows.
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 11:02:42 am »

I would be damned had I used Luch's hard work for my own benefit :P In fact, I had everything planned, installed, and in the rotation as well as Luchador's approval to use bsp file in 4 when my stellar, beta1-era fast download mirror has gone byebye :/

My bad man, I respect you greatly. I hope you don't think so otherwise. :) Thank you for your work.
Cheers man, my respects to you too.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up