GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 06, 2024, 02:30:04 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can't down third party maps  (Read 4038 times)

little 00

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • little 00 has no influence.
Can't down third party maps
« on: August 15, 2010, 04:45:37 am »

when OWS server i get a message saying

(missing map maps/pd_villa.bps , disconnecting)

It gets better some of the maps download but i don't rember which 1s do and don't resently i just rebuolt my PC and was installing multi OS and had to reinstall windows by trial and error the first time i installed there was no problem but since then ive had this problem and before this this PC had this problem i have tried reinstalling GE:S and Steam
if you need my specs
core 2 quad @2.33 , 2gigs of ram @1066mhz , Nvidia 260 gtx maxcore 55

TY for your support

Let the source be with you (Goldeneye source)

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
Re: Can't down third party maps
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 05:51:10 am »

Search for pd_villa and delete every file that has to do with it. I'll take a look at the server tomorrow and make sure its not a server problem which I doubt (no one else has a problem) download the .bsp here and place it in C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\sourcemods\gesource\maps. Will probably just remove villa and that horrible complex map as no one enjoys playing on them.
Pages: [1]   Go Up