GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 05:29:37 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Console Commands  (Read 7224 times)

markpeterjameslegg

• Did I fire six shots? Or only five?
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 202
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
Console Commands
« on: July 29, 2010, 10:33:12 am »

I was wondering, i noticed on a Wiki yesterday some console commands that could give the player a possible edge over other players and now im wondering if people are doing this as i always seem to die 3 times quicker than other people playing, even when shooting in the head they seem to take an awful lot of damage, for example the other day i shot someone 3 times directly in the face at close range with the automatic shotgun and in that time they took down all my health and armour with a pistol. Isn't using these commands classed as cheating?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
Re: Console Commands
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 10:40:22 am »

There is no command that will make a player better or another player worst.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
  • markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!markpeterjameslegg is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 10:57:52 am »

That's good to know, i can't stand cheaters, it ruins the experience for everyone else.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2010, 11:50:39 am »

Shotgun is a worse example, because the demage depends on a lot of things
e.g. did all projectiles hit or just a few of them and which hitzones did they hit.
Since you cannot control the projectile distribution of the gun it sadly depends
on luck (to a certain degree).

Also you have to take things like latency into account.
Sure there's a compensation for this, but it's not always to your advantage
e.g. if i play on a server with high ping i often take demage even before i see
the oponent or i've been shot allthough i'm allready behind a corner and there's
no direct line of sight with the one who's attacking, at least not on my client.

There are far less cheaters in every game then ppl who accuse others for cheating.

Sure there are ppl who are allmost to good to be true, but in most cases it's a
combination of fast internet connection, good Hardware
(e.g. gaming mouse, teflon mousepad), a smooth running game
and ofc. some seriouse skill (reaction speed, knowledge of maps, weapons,
item spawnlocations etc.).

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 12:56:21 pm »

I could see the blood appearing on his head and face, even my brother who was sat here said "how could he possibly have survived that". Who knows, i have however noticed that the more i play, the better im also getting, but i just wanted to be sure, taking everything above into account im confident that it wasn't cheating. And yes, i have noticed before that someone has shot me after ive just gone round the corner, but i didn't realise it was to do with latency, i'll also bare that in mind in future. Thankyou all for your help.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2010, 02:48:36 pm »

The blood decals are client side. Hit detection is server side, so the blood will be rendered even before the server confirmed the hit.
Again, higher latency means this effect will become more noticable.

markpeterjameslegg

• 00 Agent
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 06:34:44 pm »

Ive a lot to learn, im new to online play. It's like my dad always said, "Every day is a school day".
Pages: [1]   Go Up