GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 27, 2024, 05:08:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: One steamclient on 2 PCs - no connection to the server  (Read 3169 times)

Monolithe

One steamclient on 2 PCs - no connection to the server
« on: July 16, 2010, 08:31:34 am »

hello Guys, i am Monolithe, i am french player and i can't play to GoldenEye Source anymore. I have installed the same steam account on 2 different PCs. My little bastxxx brother try to play when i was connected then i was disconnected. But now i can't play to golden eye, i can launch it but when i try to be connected on a server, it says " you were connected connected on another PC, please connect to steam again". I did it but i doesn't work, i restart my computer, reinstall the game, erase all to install another time but it doesn't work. What can i do to succeed? what i have to do?
please help me, i can't play to goldeneye :(

Thanks for the answers.
have a good day!

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: One steamclient on 2 PCs - no connection to the server
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 09:13:14 am »

Whenever your account has been used on another PC or even another OS on the same PC you'll have to logout and login again to avoid this error. Blame valve.

Monolithe

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 09:54:01 am »

Of course i know it, but with the other games like HL2, GTA4, i have no problem, the connection problem is solve, not for goldeneye, it still bloked but only on the server selection for playing, not at the beginning, i can launch goldeneye but i can't connect my self on a server... its maybe a problem on the saves, if i erase the configuration file or all the files for the back up etc it will works again but where is it please ?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 09:56:22 am by Monolithe »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 01:43:00 pm »

You must log out of steam and log back in. This only happens on multiplayer Source games. HL2 is singleplayer and GTA 4 isn't Source...
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Monolithe

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2010, 02:02:57 pm »

ok ;) i will do this. if the problem is not solve, i'll comme back.
Pages: [1]   Go Up