GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 04:40:43 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: helpz failed to lock index buffer in CMeshdx8::LockIndexBuffer  (Read 14973 times)

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD

1st, if this thread is in the wrong place, plz admin or mod, move... ty ty :-)

Now, eeeehmmmm...

HI! :-)

After the steam client update (thats wut I think) I keep having this ENGINE ERROR always that I'm loading a map, the game starts fine, but when I join to a server this error message appears
Code: [Select]
failed to lock index buffer in CMeshdx8::LockIndexBuffer

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
Re: helpz failed to lock index buffer in CMeshdx8::LockIndexBuffer
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 09:43:23 am »

3 possible reasons in there.

ALT+TAB in-game, paged pool memory (whatThe..), ati drivers, hmmm, could it be any of these reasons ?
before those updates I could play without a trouble, I dont think ahsdgahsdahsdgasd, :(

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 02:24:59 am »

This mostly just has to do with your computer tbo. I am guessing you are using integrated graphics and have low ram installed in your computer? Give us some of your computer specifications and we can help a lot better. I used to get this LONG before I had a dedicated graphics card and lots of ram. I used to use an S3 Savage G4 or something lol.

Generally, this will go away if you lower the amount of processes running (start--->run--->msconfig--->enter), then hit the startup tab and deselect things that you KNOW you don't want starting up. If you don't know what it is, don't uncheck it as I don't want to be the one responsible for messing up your computer). But disabling many useless processes and making sure many things are closed before gaming will help lower memory usage and provide you with better frame rates and more available memory in game, whether it be RAM or virtual memory (Graphics).

Good luck, write back if you need more help.

This almost might not be the problem at all, if not...please right back as we would love to help you.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 02:27:42 am by CCsaint10 [bklax23] »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 02:56:55 pm »

hey thx for the answer, but the reason I made this post its because before the steam client update I could play L4D1 also TF2, games like that, the "error" only appears with source engine games and mods, idk why :/

btw, I'm using a nvidia 6800XT,  2.6ghz processor and 2gb ram, I know its OOOOOLD, but not for saying that the pc can't handle these games.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 03:35:26 pm »

The thing is, the Source engine is constantly being updated with features and fixes, as stated in the Steam EULA, system requirements are subject to change. A lot of people with old systems can no longer play HL2 because it has moved to the Source 2007 engine.

The only fix is to upgrade your hardware. Your system is your responsibility at the end of the day, Valve can't cater to every possible combination of hardware, and their engine changes are based on their bi-yearly hardware survey, which means you're in a minority of systems which are simply too old and are not worth them limiting the capabilities and features of the engine for when they could progress and improve the engine, taking advantage of newer technology and more powerful systems.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 05:42:07 am »

oh man!

how funny is this, everybody know my pc sux, but is known that it can handle those source games included tf2 l4d, etc...

Now I can play those games again :D yayyayayy and I didn't fixed anything, theres an issue with steam when I use XFIRE, lol
so weird, when I try to play using xfire the error messages comes, but not If I'm not using XFIRE

-_-

CCsaint10

• CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 05:43:02 am »

Sorry man, as hard as it might be to hear Mangley's response, it is probably true. Wish I could do more to help, but you might be on your own on this one. :(

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 05:47:18 am »

In few words the "issue" is solved.

solution: DONT USE XFIRE WHILE PLAYING SOURCE ENGINE GAMES ON STEAM, lolz -_-

CCsaint10

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 06:00:45 am »

ha, well I will keep that in the back of my head for the next guy with the same issue. Thanks for telling us the solution. Much appreciated. :)

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 06:06:37 am »

Weird, dont u think ?

XFIRE? WTF!

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 06:10:26 am »

people use that?  I have steam, vent, skype, teamspeak (never use it) and all my IM accounts..  why would I need another thing that connects me to no one I know?
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2010, 01:00:36 am »

Yeah all I found Xfire ever useful for is tracking ALL my games (on any varying company) hour times in one central page. But after a year or two I realized I didnt really log onto it everytime I connected to steam and it didnt track mods properly [ie GES] for a 5 month period which made it useless for tracking my playtime through half of alpha on this mod.
Pages: [1]   Go Up