GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 02:24:53 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found  (Read 11920 times)

Mike.K

libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
« on: March 23, 2010, 09:09:16 pm »

Hi,

We're trying to get a GESource server setup but we're stalling at the following error:

Console initialized.
 failed to dlopen /home/user/srcds_l/orangebox/gesource/bin/server_i486.so error=/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /home/user/srcds_l/orangebox/gesource/bin/server_i486.so)
./srcds_run: line 352:  8401 Segmentation fault      $HL_CMD
Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem

However, libstdc++.so.6 is installed, along with GLIBC:

[root@localhost orangebox]# locate libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6

Usual efforts to get issues with glibc solved have failed, so could some one shed some light on this please? Running Centos 5.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 09:44:09 pm »

Unfortunately I can only provide support for Ubuntu Linux. Valve's dedicated server is VERY finicky and only runs under the most open environment (even Fedora users have troubles).

As far a libstdc++.so.6 make sure that that isn't just a link to another library that may not exist. Check your package distribution source and REINSTALL GLIBC and libstdc++ if necessary.

This quote from the CentOS website kinda spells it out:

"CentOS is not your everyday Linux. It's a server distribution, meant to be used in production environment where users do not care about what applications they have installed. It's a distro that you will most likely run without any GUI, reboot once every other year or so, if that, and upgrade only when you really must, since the inclusion of even simplest binaries could be dreadfully risky for your setup."

You should be reading that as: DO NOT RUN VALVE SOFTWARE ON CENTOS. :-)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 09:45:54 pm by killermonkey »

zennik

Re: libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2010, 02:28:07 am »

Fixing this problem is actually fairly straightforward in CentOS. You just need to grab a couple of packages from Fedora 10(2 packages if you're running x64, 1 if you're running x86).

The [SiX] Goldeneye server runs on CentOS 5.5 just fine, only problem we have is when you tell the server to 'quit' it segfaults insteads of actually quitting. But, since the goal is to end the process anyway... well, a minor non-problematic issue, all things considered.

You need this for just x86:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/10502724/com/libstdc++-4.3.2-7.i386.rpm.html

You dont need it, but it wouldn't hurt to grab this if you're running x64:
http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat/4/idpl/10505303/com/libstdc++-4.3.2-7.x86_64.rpm.html

Then just install these packages with rpm -U packagenamehere

If you still can't run it after that, I can provide a few other suggestions.
Pages: [1]   Go Up