GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 29, 2024, 05:04:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Cyberpower PC?  (Read 12593 times)

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
Re: Cyberpower PC?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2010, 01:15:44 pm »

HAHA yah you must be buying something cheap I've had my PSU for 3 years now and its still running at peak performance. (my previous one was for 4 years and only upgraded due to need maor power!)

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2010, 02:59:58 pm »

For the base system I chose, the water cooling was a free upgrade, and after reading many reviews about people receiving DOA computers sporting stock air / ibuypower liquid cooling, I thought I'd cough up a few more dollars to help ensure that my pc stayed alive.

The case also comes with 4 fans in addition to the liquid cooling, so even if it is junk, I think the case will be properly ventilated.

For the wattage / PSU thing, I went to a couple websites where you fill in all of the parts for a computer and it gives you an estimate on wattage usage.  I also did some reading that said that load efficiency was more important than the amount of watts you had (for saving $$ and energy consumption.) 

The dell that I own now has a 350w PSU, and over the 5 years I've owned it, I've never had a problem.

Other than that its a solid system. Although i hope you have ALOT more HDDs for data :P

Well, 98% of what I do is saved externally, so space was definitely not an issue.  320gb might be small by most standards, but it's plenty of space for games and applications. :P 

I don't even know what I would do with 1TB of space...does anyone?  Really?

Anyway, thank you very much kinky and KM, positive feedback about parts is always nice to hear! :D

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2010, 03:58:43 pm »

I don't even know what I would do with 1TB of space...does anyone?  Really?

ROFL

I have 2.5TB in my PC and 2TB in my file server (the file server is somewhat redundant atm due to my hatred/incompetence with linux) ...and i have like 200GB of space left across all my disks (most of which being on my system disk)

Pointless figures aside if you dont horde whole series of TV shows (50GB of Top Gear, 40GB of Pokemon), movies (260GB of Horror) or games (God knows how many GB) then you just arent going to need it xD

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2010, 03:14:39 am »

man, you crazy!  :o

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2010, 01:23:19 pm »

Within a year I used up 350 gigs of my 500 gig HDD.

Really it depends what you do with your computer. Just remember that everything is increasing in size. In a couple of years there'll be nothing unusual about games weighing upwards of 20 gigs each.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

RogerMooreSucks

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.RogerMooreSucks is looked down upon.
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2015, 06:46:52 am »

I know this is an old thread but i dont give a damn, you all must know about this company "CyberPower." They are one of the biggest pc scammers on the market. They sell shitty parts in their computers, then they automaticlly blame you when the computer breaks 3 days after you recieve it. their customer service is one of the biggest jokes. They will scam you like no one's business. All they care about is money. They have a terrible reputation. Just becuase they have a professional looking site doesnt make them a professional company. That is like judging a book by its cover. Do not ever buy from these criminals. I am saving you from a bad experience. I cant tell you how many bad reviews i have come across from these degenerates. They do not care if you spend 5,000 dollars on a computer from them, they will treat you like dirt. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 06:49:54 am by RogerMooreSucks »
Troy, get back on that treadmill

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2015, 04:04:33 pm »

For once I agree with Roger. They are a scam. They were good back in 2005, but now they just sell crap.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 04:07:49 pm by killermonkey »

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2015, 06:34:29 pm »

a.k.a.   Dell
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

soupcan

• Lead Systems Administrator
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 214
  • soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!soupcan is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2015, 06:51:57 pm »

Dell is pretty decent as far as prebuilts go, though their Alienware brand sells systems with hardware combinations that simply don't make sense for most people.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up