GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 11:32:10 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Not like it used to be  (Read 7346 times)

Juannxz

Not like it used to be
« on: May 03, 2010, 09:33:16 am »

I remember before the 4th beta, this game was Fun. Now it's not. I was on a server and the opposing team never died. We where 4 vs 4. They where doing headshots every time, so I tried to do headshots but they wouldn't die. It's like their weapons where stronger.

Our team rarely got kills. Don't say that I need to aim cos I was aiming for the head....I'm really good on fps games but I think I'm missing something in this one.

What am I not getting? Are the hitboxes messed up? Is there a secret to getting headshots and kills? Where they cheating?

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Not like it used to be
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 10:03:36 am »

The secret is they are better than you ;) You obviously came back, a month or two after other players who play our game daily and are now super pro on this version. Tough buiscuts, keep playing and gain your expertise back to their level with time. One tip is single headshots ARENT always enough to kill an opponent, depends on the weapon.

shotgun = without armor
magnum = without armor
silver pp7 = without armor

You get the idea, armor on your opponents may be rendering only a portion of damage needed even with power weapons because they had armor and you possibly didn't

Thats the only variable. The game is the most stable ever and implying elsewise is foolish. Maybe you used to compensate too much with your aim, for ping/hitbox detection in other versions (I did). Aim closer to the head if you used to really compensate for valve coding, because killermonkey keeps cleaning the netcode meaning our game is uber refined.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 10:07:56 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

Juannxz

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 11:55:21 am »

Ok thanks for the reply and tips :)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 12:16:11 pm »

I'm really good on fps games but I think I'm missing something in this one.

As  side note, I'd like to say you lost all your credibility with that sentence.

And now back on topic: I was playing with you. I don't remember your SN but I can see you are from Malta. I vaguely remember you because of the server messages telling me a new player from Malta joined. I'd say listen to what Wake said. All we did was aim for the head, lead our targets and so on. I remember you complaining about us not dying: keep in mind we can get armour too and that it functions like a second health bar. That's what you have to do. Just keep playing. Don't ever expect to come to a new game and start to pwn (Beta 4 is a new game; completely different from older versions but closer to Beta 3).

All I'm saying is that I'd like to see you on the server again but this time, take our advice into consideration and I'm sure you'll enjoy the game instead of loathing it.

Juannxz

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:36:11 am »

Don't ever expect to come to a new game and start to pwn.

Wrong. I played AA3 for the first time and my first round got me a positive k/d ratio.

And about GE:S, I played it again and got better, I'm glad I listened to your advice.

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 07:02:01 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong but you also need to take into consideration the invincibility aspect of the game.  Players are rewarded a few split seconds of invincibility if your hit ratio is high.  Meaning players with better aim get rewarded.  Check out other posts for more details on invincibility.  So many people online complain about this.  I wish they'd do some research on the game before whinning.  I love how this game is not like every other fps.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 08:32:33 pm »

"positive k/d ratio"
The only way to get a negative k/d ratio would be to get negative kills xor die a negative number of times.  Neither of which is very possible since kills and deaths are going to be Natural numbers.

"Players are rewarded a few split seconds of invincibility if your hit ratio is high."
There is no reward of invincibility.  Invunerability is a damage throttling mechanism that, by its nature, severely reduces the effect of rounds-per-second on a weapon's damage-per-second potential.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 09:11:13 pm »

Fire in Short Bursts, spraying is detrimental in this game. Always aim for the head too. For pistols, pause between shots, don't keep rapidly tapping the fire button.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.
Pages: [1]   Go Up