GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 07:32:13 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Offline Multiplayer  (Read 7947 times)

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
Offline Multiplayer
« on: April 15, 2010, 06:40:49 pm »

There is one aspect of the original which will probably never be implemented but I just thought I'd ask.  Will it ever be possible to play with up to 4 players offline or 2-4 players on one computer playing others online? 

I played the original multiplayer so much that I would constantly keep an eye on the other player's screens for their exact location which is an awesome tactic if you know the maps like the back of your hands like me.  Radar is good but being able to tell exactly when someone will turn a corner or what weapon they are yielding is great.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: Offline Multiplayer
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 07:30:04 pm »

You certainly have the option of playing on a LAN, and there also exist 4-man-max servers. (OWS has one. ;))
Split-screen won't be happening to my knowledge.

(Assuming I understood the question properly.)
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 08:11:03 pm »

Split screen makes no sense and would be used practically never. It's also a problem in terms of graphical performance and networking issues, not to mention source doesn't support multiple controllers being hooked in at the same time (as far as I know). There is only a concept of 1 local player.

The radar in the mod is a direct replacement for "screen looking" since the radar is extremely informative and precise, yet it doesn't afford the player with direct knowledge of spatial location which keeps things tactical.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2010, 10:42:43 am »

Play LAN and place the 2-4 screens next to each other. Problem solved.

Emilia

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!Emilia is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 04:55:46 am »

But that what makes GES so awesome; the fact you can play with more than 4 people.
MaJoR: "This is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo getting to be awesome"

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 02:53:15 pm »

I agree.  I love the 16 player games.  I really don't have any friends to join me for an offline match.  I was just curious if it was possible. 

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2010, 09:08:49 am »

Haha imagine playing against 16+ people and having all of their screens on yours...That will be damn hard to play.

Also, I think that the Spectator Mode will be the closest to any split screen on the mod.

little 00

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • little 00 has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2010, 04:20:49 am »

Haha imagine playing against 16+ people and having all of their screens on yours...That will be damn hard to play.
Could that be the new challenge?

Let the source be with you (Goldeneye source)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2010, 04:04:22 pm »

Not a problem if you have a huge-ass monitor.
Knowing what everyone is doing at the same time would be an advantage... then again having everyone knowing what you're doing would be a disadvantage.
[/what-ifing]
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

little 00

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • little 00 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2010, 02:48:40 am »

Could that be the new challenge?
:D This could be an Olympic event don't know the year too early for me to tell  :D

Let the source be with you (Goldeneye source)

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2010, 03:41:52 pm »

More than a 4 way split screen would be ridiculous.  I just wanted to know if OFFLINE multiplayer was available UP TO 4 PLAYERS.  This is supposed to be a remake of the original so I was just curious how many aspects of the original were going to be included.  NO radar and no "screen watching" is the best anyways since it's more realistic. 
Pages: [1]   Go Up