GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 09:57:58 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: WNx server question  (Read 11221 times)

UltraViolence

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UltraViolence has no influence.
WNx server question
« on: March 24, 2010, 08:02:16 pm »

Hi. Just started playing this today. I read about WNx servers in PC Gamer so decided to try 1 out. I was in the Chicago server for maybe 5 mins and got kicked by administrator. I went back in to ask if maybe I was doing something wrong etc. no response just heard someone say " who are these people" and got kicked again. Are these servers by invite only? Something special I need to do to get to play there maybe? There public and I cant figure out what if anything I was doing wrong? Any ideas or can someone suggest an active server to play on? Name in-game was irishassassin989 btw.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: WNx server question
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 08:28:26 pm »

OWS, WNx, and the Awpaholic servers are my favorites. You might have been in a clan match where someone forgot to set a password.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 09:54:05 pm »

We encourage gaming on all networks and I contest always, that it makes no detrimentally negative prospect to play across all regions. With GE:S you dont necesarily need <50 ping to compete and I know myself from 5 years experience you can handle a 300 ping with this mod alone. No other mod or commercial game has ever been tolerable with a ping even up to 450, which i get on the UK WNx server.

Ive played many mods for one example PVKII and its just horrible with even 100 ping in my own country.

I know this wasnt the topic per se, but its always good to refresh people's memory with my consistent message :)

on topic : You most likely jumped in the WNx server "party shack" which is their private clan server which is sometimes left open to public when not in use for a clan event. You got kicked from a private server, dont have hard feelings :P
« Last Edit: March 24, 2010, 09:57:42 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 09:01:51 am »

Are you sure you have been kicked?
Maybe it was just a disconnecting by timeout or something.
Can you provide more infos like:
date & time you were playing and who else was on the server (steam friends tab, Playerlist - recently played games, pick the ones who match the date & time)

UltraViolence

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 10:42:53 am »

ok it was 3-24-2010 right around 4:00 PM EST. The box that comes up when you get disconnected said "kicked by administrator". Thats the main reason I ask being new to GE:S I wanted to make sure I hadnt joined a server I shouldnt be in or something. As far as who else was in the server I remember a few had WNx tag and some just regular names. Seems like 1 with WNx was fire-something ( cant rememebr exactly the name. I was back in same server last night with np. I love this game. BTW grats on being recognized in PC Gamer. Thats where I discovered this mod.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 10:57:19 am by UltraViolence »

Koba

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Koba has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2010, 12:52:10 pm »

How convenient that you left out the part where you got kicked from another server half an hour before that.
Explain that, then we can talk.

UltraViolence

• Agent
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2010, 07:56:28 pm »

Ha I cant explain it. Logged into some random server (lolle I think it was called) had time to pick up an RC-90 and kill 2-3 people and got kicked, banned by steam ID. So idk what you mean by "then we can talk" like I did something to deserve it.I don't mic spam, curse, grief, hack or anything else so idk. I'm just a guy that used to play tons of Golden Eye on n-64 back in the day, found this mod via PC gamer and am trying to have fun. I know theres lots of legitimate reasons to ban/ kick etc someone but I honestly have no idea why I was banned from the 1 server (lolle i think was the name). If I knew that server had a website I'd be on there asking. I know WNx  has people that frequent this forum from my 1st post when I downloaded the mod yesterday is why I asked about WNx server  here. Been playing on the WNx Chicago server since this and its been a lot of fun.Just seems to be a weird reception so far to the game.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 08:14:22 pm by UltraViolence »

Koba

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Koba has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2010, 08:33:13 pm »

2-3 people? You killed me 4 times. And by the time you were kicked you were close to 20 kills, and 0 deaths.
But that's not all, the game mode was LTK with 7 or 8 players and you were all over the map. At first I thought the hit regs were bad when I couldn't kill you. And I ignored the hacking accusations in the chat, thinking they were beginners. But then I got the RCP90 and shot you from behind firing 30 bullets, before you turned around and killed me. Zolle kicked you shortly after that.

UltraViolence

• Agent
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2010, 08:50:23 pm »

All over the map?? I was in 1 little hallway area near where I spawned. I did not and have never hacked any game. When I joined that server I spawned where 3-4 of you guys were shooting it out and picked up the RC-90 and killed 3-4 of you . A few seconds later..Banned. If there was a problem it was certainly  NOT me hacking or anything of the like. A little proof would be nice before hurling out accusations like this to someone who just started on this game yesterday.

Diabolus In Musica

• Agent
  • Diabolus In Musica has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2010, 09:36:18 pm »

I can recall myself shooting a guy over and over again. Suddenly everyone wants me to kick some people. One claimed that one used armor to avoid the instant death.
 But still there were players with armors (as well as myself) getting killed instantly. Yet, these people with 0 deaths said that it was bugs/armors. And about you, I saw you in the scorelist with AT LEAST 7 kills and 0 deaths. If you have real good proof, then I'll remove your ban. But so far no one have proof enough to show they're innocent. I do agree that the lag could cause this, but with 0 deaths, nah..

//Zolleriux
« Last Edit: March 25, 2010, 09:39:40 pm by Diabolus In Musica »

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2010, 10:02:08 pm »

-LTK doesn't care if you're wearing armor.
-The score in and of itself means nothing. You haven't witnessed Kaiser Tarken...

Obviously I can't speak for either side as I wasn't there, and there is no evidence for either case, but I would give the guy another chance.
(Or he can play on OWS 'cause we're more fun anyway. ::))
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

UltraViolence

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2010, 10:18:55 pm »

As far as removing my ban  , how in the world could I prove I wasnt hacking? Most servers require proof of hacking before a ban not proof of innocence after a ban. So I'll just play on other servers. 7 kills sounds about right. I know it wasnt 20 as previously stated. Either way, I know I wasnt hacking so I'll leave it at that and end my replys on this thread. Never understood why anyone would want to hack myself. Seems to cheapen the game imo but w/e. I'm not going to change anyones opinion by posting anymore about it so I wont. Didnt know 7-0 qualified as  banable due to hacks lol but to each his own, its your server.Good day and have a good day gaming!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2010, 10:23:51 pm »

I played with UltraViolence today, I didn't find anything unusual about killing him. (it was on a WNx server too)

I'm not saying I absolutely vouch for the guy, this just seems a load of huff and puff about nothing.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2010, 10:34:54 pm »

Zolleriux is your server running Beta 4.02 or just plain stock 4.00?
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2010, 11:09:22 pm »

This thread is out of control, Zolleriux reply to Major, after that its locked.

Ultra Violence has shown the most amount of grown-up behavior out of all of you, and you should really be ashamed for banning him and then demanding proof to counter it. Clearly it is not my place, or anyone else's, to tell you how to run your server but really, this guy seems pretty top notch and I'll happily play with him in WNx (possibly tonight if I get time!).
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up