GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 21, 2024, 10:52:05 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Playing on the servers requires Steam Beta?  (Read 5514 times)

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
Playing on the servers requires Steam Beta?
« on: March 17, 2010, 05:32:35 pm »

I started the game up this morning, and I don't use the Steam Beta because of bugs, and when I tried to refresh all of the servers, it said something like this (I'm using Beta 4 of GE:S by the way): "You need to have Steam Beta in order to play on the servers." Could somebody help me and possibly many others with this? Because I don't think it's the Steam that's the problem.

EDIT: I just tried the Steam Beta, and it works. Are ya'll (I'm Texan, which explains that) trying to upgrade to the better Steam Client?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 05:36:12 pm by codemaster94 »

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Playing on the servers requires Steam Beta?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 06:17:03 pm »

Steam bug. Nothing to do with GE:S. Doesn't even make sense that it would do.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:53:57 pm »

ya, We would never force people to use a Beta build of something from Steam..
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 09:22:36 pm »

ugh the steam beta is fucking terrible...
Pages: [1]   Go Up