GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:41:23 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For low Perfomance PCs  (Read 6750 times)

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 11
  • 7FoX barely matters.7FoX barely matters.
    • Ma Shutube xD
For low Perfomance PCs
« on: March 11, 2010, 06:19:29 pm »

HI, I was a happy BETA3 player, IDK, something in the graphic engine has changed...

I had a decent frameRate on beta3, there was no problems, later beta4 comes, and I was no able to play it, FPS decreased so much D:

I decided to upgraded my videoCard, for an oldie radeon 9250, now I can run CS:S y medium details+800x600 rez, and other source games ok, but the lovely beta4 is still having the same problem, with the mini upgrade that I did, it just solved a bit FPS more, but the problem still happenin...

wut happened with the FPS rate hehe, will be GE:S not allowed for poor players like me ? xD

why beta3 perfomance was so good ?

caverns isnt unplayable for me, btw

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: For low Perfomance PCs
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2010, 06:28:19 pm »

Nothing in the graphics engine has changed, they've just added new shaders, dynamic light effects and particle effects.

With all due respect, you need to give your system a bit of love in the hardware department. CS:S is not a heavy game at all, the system requirements are very light for it, but you can only run it in medium. That's a very bad thing.

If anything, I have to say Beta 4 performs better for most people than Beta 3 did.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2010, 06:57:30 pm »

every word u said is true, but this:
If anything, I have to say Beta 4 performs better for most people than Beta 3 did.
is a LIE, lol

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2010, 07:34:22 pm »

You can make our settings all low, and turn off dynamic lighting, and HDR and probly find source engine cvars that disable all shader rendering. Theres always things you can do, but dont be disappointed if it looks way crapper :P That's always the trade off.

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 07:38:29 pm »

I already turned it off, and framerate is lower than i had beta3 runin :(

do u know wuts are those cvars command lines that are u talking about ?

jjmusicnotes

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 10:41:48 pm »

I have a 9250 as well, and if you say that you had to buy a video card to upgrade to a 9250, then the rest of your rig is probably quite senile.

Beta 4 runs fine for me.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 01:45:27 am »

You can't point to your graphics card and say "it should run fine" you may have taken the bottleneck off the graphics card and placed it on your CPU / RAM. Like JJmusicnotes said, its about harmonizing your entire system, not just one department.

This line indicates to me that your computer is an absolutely crap shoot:
now I can run CS:S y medium details+800x600 rez

CS:S should be able to run on HIGH details with AT LEAST 1024x768 resolution without any problem. They have absolutely no bells and whistles.

We don't make our mod for the LOW END. It is impossible to satisfy everyone, Wake eluded to the trade off. I am sorry you are poor, but the mod is not going to change so you can run it on your slow computer. Most likely, you are suffering with shaders.

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 02:18:31 am »

haha yes, u sir are right, I have a 5 years old crappy pc, BUT my point is that I had a decent framerate with beta3 and not with beta 4 :(

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 03:36:00 am »

And I have decent framerate with TFC and not TF2 (not really true just a comparison). You can't expect games to stay in the past...

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 03:42:56 am »

is like comparing cs 1.6 o cs:s, oh u said "nor reallt true just a comparison"

¬¬
ty mr. friendly guy

OK; I'm out, I quit, being a poor sux lol, I must get a job, is not their fault add stuff not able to old pcs xD

time changes? I think so...

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2010, 09:10:12 am »

Just curiouse, what settings do you run TF2 on?

Maybe you should try -dxlevel 80 or even -dxlevel70 in launch options.
This will force the mod to run in DX 8 or DX7 mode.
Source is always very CPU hungry, i just recall that i ain't got a real performance boost in source games when i upgraded my system from Radon HD2600XT to GeForce GTX260 and 2GB to 4GB RAM.
Other games like Crysis are running on higher settings now.
So the next time you are able to spend some money on PC Hardware, considder a new CPU.

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2010, 09:21:00 am »

sir yes sir

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2010, 01:12:35 pm »

New CPU = New Motherboard = New RAM. It's the costliest upgrade for older computers.

You can't plug in a new i7 into your ancient motherboard, first of all it prolly won't even fit. You need new RAM because with a faster CPU comes faster bus speeds meaning you need faster ram or else you are just shifting your bottleneck around and not solving anything.

7FoX

• @_7FoX --> follow me?
  • Secret Agent
    • Ma Shutube xD
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2010, 03:14:57 pm »

0'rLy?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 04:34:54 pm »

putting a new cpu in a old computer is like getting a new carburetor for your car... rest of the car/engine sucks... and even though its new, a 2 barrel carb will still suck; and people will point and laugh cause you have a 73' datsun pickup.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:36:35 pm by major »
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up