GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:21:43 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a server..  (Read 2863 times)

iamfuturetrunks

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • iamfuturetrunks has no influence.
Creating a server..
« on: February 27, 2010, 06:25:19 pm »

maybe you could make a gun category drop down box so then people choose choose that easier and faster then having to try and type in a gun category. Since well I still have no idea the types of guns you can get in the game. Like I changed it to explosives once and that worked but when I tried "automatics" it wouldn't work I got no guns when I entered a level (which is boring and annoying).

And same with like the game scenarios being in a droop down box for easy access. Also do I need to download something specific in order to create my own server to play on at times? Cause iv just went to create server in the past to play my own levels however no one enters and well its kinda hard to get the server to work just right like with what I mentioned up there.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
Re: Creating a server..
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 10:42:15 pm »

Take a look in your gesource/scripts/loadouts folder, it has all the weapon set names which you want to know about in the weapon_sets_default.txt and in the weapon_sets_custom you can add your own. It's all very straight-forward so long as you have a basic understanding of code and some common sense.

To allow people to join your game, you must enable console in your options>keyboard>advanced settings in GE:S and once you load the map, type in SV_LAN 0 into the console to allow people to join and then use the CHANGELEVEL command to changemap, which allows people to see your local server.

However, I recommend you and all others to play on public servers rather than servers hosted on your machine.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Re: Creating a server..
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 02:04:58 am »

Please read the wiki:

ge_weaponset [ident] (pistols)

Sets the weaponset to be loaded on the next round. This command takes affect on a round restart. See Default Weapon Sets

ge_weaponsetlist

Prints a list of all the weapon sets available on the server (ident printname)
Pages: [1]   Go Up