GoldenEye: Source Forums

• May 02, 2024, 10:59:59 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question Regarding the Points System on Some Servers  (Read 4349 times)

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
Question Regarding the Points System on Some Servers
« on: April 14, 2010, 07:03:37 pm »

While I was playing the other day I heard someone say that when a player gets killed and points are rewarded to the killer that those points are actually transfered from the killed player.  I also recalled hearing that the points were all reset with the release of Beta 4.  If points are transfered among players then how did it start considering that we all restarted at 0?  My theory is that the developers started with all the points and over time their points spread out across each server.  I probably sound retarded but can anyone explain the points system to me?  Thanks.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Question Regarding the Points System on Some Servers
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 07:08:28 pm »

This is the "server-side" stats tracking which is only on a handful of servers and it is not global to all of them..

The servers/communities/clans hosting have decided (until the official team brings in a global system) to make their own stat systems using HLxstats plugin.

You gain points per kill, and the points you gain come off the other person. Each person has I think 1000 points base before it increases. The higher rank the person you kill, the more points you steal off them, and they will get a minimum off you if you are new in the system.

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 07:09:33 pm »

That could be, but I'm thinking everyone starts with a default number of 500 or something to that effect.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Damnit.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

El Dudereno

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.El Dudereno is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 07:19:29 pm »

Ok thanks.  I didn't realize we started with points.  Some developers have over 50,000 points which is insane.  This is why I thought they started with all the points.  I play alot but I can't imagine how much I'd need to play to catch up.  I guess I'll just have to pick on the developers when I'm painting the walls red with their blood...That would be a cool effect but paintball mode will have to suffice.

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 08:00:26 pm »

You shouldn't worry about stats for now, I imagine they'll all be reset when theres an official system. It's too arbitrary at the moment.

Personally I don't have any interest in them... some do, others don't.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 09:32:33 pm »

Only people with a gold DEV or BT tag next to their name in the scoreboard / after action report are actually developers.

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 09:38:58 pm »

Some developers have over 50,000 points which is insane.

If you are referring to Bigbird he isn't a dev he's just a player... the only Dev with a large amount of stat points is Luchador and he's only at 10,000 and the next dev down from that only has 6000. Also I think only about 2 or 3 servers use the stat system it isn't a part of GE:S as KM said it's somehting that the server hosts set up separately.
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."
Pages: [1]   Go Up