GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:50:18 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: GES Update 02/14/10 [19th Feb : Release Info]  (Read 39333 times)

Mastix

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Mastix has no influence.
Re: GES Update 02/14/10 [19th Feb : Release Info]
« Reply #30 on: February 16, 2010, 08:47:41 pm »

Beta 4 also got the new custom 3rd person reload animations right?
I remember it was mentiond once but it doesn't appear on the changelog...

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2010, 09:42:26 pm »

Someone didnt listen to the developer Q&A.....

:P

Listen to the dev Q&A it answers this and moarrrr

Mastix

• Agent
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2010, 09:49:39 pm »

Someone didnt listen to the developer Q&A.....

:P

Listen to the dev Q&A it answers this and moarrrr
But long podcasts (like Podcast17) make me sleepy, no offense =)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2010, 11:40:36 pm »

I listened to it twice. I'm going to listen to it again.  :P
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2010, 01:47:18 am »

Yeah, I spent a while on those and they didn't appear in the changelog, but they're there...

It's not only reload animations, they're custom idle, run, reload, and shoot animations. They're all our own.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2010, 02:25:34 am »

Too bad I'm grounded till the 29th.

Peroxwhy?gen

• GE:S Lifer
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 20
  • Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...Peroxwhy?gen might someday be someone...
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2010, 02:37:34 am »

Im deffinetly ready to play this!!! The wait felt like an eternity!!! its almost here :D Cant wait to pwn sum nubs with my 1337 lazar firen skillz on aztec

I SHOOT YOU FUCKING 16 PP7 SHOOTS AND YOU DONT DIE MAN

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2010, 04:20:50 am »

Shit, I listened to "Standard Operating Procedure" before reading that part of the post and thought it sounded eerily familiar. Good stuff.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Mastix

• Agent
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2010, 09:15:53 am »

Yeah, I spent a while on those and they didn't appear in the changelog, but they're there...

It's not only reload animations, they're custom idle, run, reload, and shoot animations. They're all our own.
Awesome dude, really awesome, I will bring all my friends to play Beta 4!

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2010, 02:04:49 pm »

Too bad I'm grounded till the 29th.

Sucks still living under your parents rules, eh? It feels pretty good once you've cleared that part of life. Unfortunately at that point you probably have to pay for your own internet instead of your parents so really you lose either way. =P

Anyway...

Great job on B4 guys, I don't have to play it to know it's going to be amazing (although I sure as hell will.) I'm impressed with everyone who's helped this mod get to where it is today, very proud of you lot for achieving this.
A couple questions, though... What changes were made to cradle? And I remember on that last gameplay trailer for B4 you showed some not-so-great looking Moonraker tracers... did those ever get fixed to look more nostalgic and actually visible or are they going to look like what we saw in that video?

I can't wait to get in there with you guys on Friday after I get out of work... I'll be getting all my buddies with source games to grab it as well to ensure lots of players. =]
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2010, 02:22:28 pm »

Unfortunately, the moonraker tracers will be shipping in that kinda-ugly state. We couldn't figure out the particle effect well enough to get the look we desired without having them clip behind the player. It's a function of the particle effect and if someone can figure it out by all means fix it and we'll release it in a patch. Since that was such a small and irrelevant problem compared to everything else Beta 4 delivers we didn't spend inordinate amount of time trying to fix it (although we did try MANY MANY options). The particle engine is simply too undocumented to pinpoint the problem.

terps4life90

« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2010, 02:56:00 pm »

I have been spreading the word like crazy about this game mod to some of my friends that used to play Goldeneye 007 on those late Friday nights and their telling there friends and so on and so forth lol and i think we will have a ton of people playing on Friday! God i can't wait to own people with that sick grenade launcher!!!!

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2010, 03:52:03 pm »

In the teaser trailer... I couldn't help but notice that the rocket on the end of the rocket launcher doesn't actually depart from the rocket launcher when fired like it did in the original.. Looking at the model render now, it looks like it was made as part of the barrel. Is that how it will be in Beta 4?

Also I couldn't help but notice in Goldenzen's Aztec there's a very memorable portion of the song that doesn't make an appearance. 1:34 - 1:54
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Goldenzen

• Music Composer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 133
  • Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!Goldenzen is awe-inspiring!
    • GoldenZen music - Nothing`s impossible
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2010, 03:58:04 pm »

@mangley; actually most of the songs aren`t rebuild 1:1 - that would be boring. We want to take the great base of Norgate`s music and take it to a new dimension or a new level if you will.
So we take the original songs as a base but we feel free to add things or let things out in order to make a good overall appearance fitting together with each composer`s style.
This part you`ve mentioned is a very quiet part. In my specific Aztec version I replaced this section by a much more melodic and bassy part in order to keep the flow going.

I hope you can get used to that though because we really don`t wanna make 1:1 music conversions from the GE64 but make them more modern and interesting + add new dimension.

Greets
"...ни однохо выздоха...гдые вашй.... I`m alone" Россия

опасно - не входитъ - Ыанник

[GE:S Com] DF Ank1

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • [GE:S Com] DF Ank1 has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: February 17, 2010, 04:32:55 pm »

I thought Bunker is going to be addes in BETA 4. Great work guys. I am very prouid of you, and your work. 3 Years ago, i never thought, that GoldenEye: Source excists. Now it is hear, better then ever.
A dream for every GoldnEye: 007 Fan.

Very great. I can´t say more. JUST COOL
Big Fan of the Arecibo Observatory / Antenna Cradle.
I would pay money to get the old cradle back. Ad me on Facebook. I am ever glad about new members. Specially when they come from GE:S. My name is Rudolf von Ank
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up