GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 01:26:08 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Golden Eye Source Offline?  (Read 17387 times)

sudoxnerdx

Golden Eye Source Offline?
« on: February 04, 2009, 03:20:11 am »

I must say that I am more than flabbergasted by the effort put into this project and the current results! I have watch the gameplay video but I am stuck on one thing, in the video was it an online game? If so my question is will we ever see the release of an offline version? AI? Storyline? Let your imagination flow on this question. I hope that as my C and C++ knowledge increases that I will soon put forth my efforts to increase how amazing this game currently is. Please if any of the leaders of the project/developers could give me some feedback of whether or not this is on your todo list? Also, maybe we could work at making it one of your todo jobs :).

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
Re: Golden Eye Source Offline?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2009, 03:27:15 am »

As we get close to 100% for multiplayer we will start thinking harder and harder about sp, so dont hold your breath just yet. :P

sudoxnerdx

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2009, 04:38:32 am »

I am pleased to hear that, I am working extensively to increase my knowledge on software engineering, I have a pretty advanced aspect of most other features of a computer :-D. I am eager to hopefully join you all!

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 01:45:38 pm »

wow that would be stellar... i really miss the sp ver of the game.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 06:28:08 pm »

I can say now that you'll have my full support if you decide to remake the SP part of the game. With the quality you've been getting us used to, I can see it might turn out great!

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 06:43:43 pm »

Man, I'd just like some Offline bots so I can play when my internet is being slow.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2009, 06:56:56 pm »

Don't bots from other games, such as TF2 or CS:S, work on GE:S. I know you can enable bots in TF2 trough the console, but they have no A.I.. Isn't it just a matter of coding said A.I. or is it something more complicated than that (even more than coding A.I.)?

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2009, 06:57:51 pm »

Exactly. No AI.

We've used bots in testing.  They have two modes: 1) flip out and spaz, 2) stand perfectly still until dead.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

hyp3rstrike

• Biohaze Gaming Co-Owner / Invictus Venatus Clan Leader
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • hyp3rstrike has no influence.
    • Biohaze Gaming
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2009, 10:30:06 pm »

Exactly. No AI.

We've used bots in testing.  They have two modes: 1) flip out and spaz, 2) stand perfectly still until dead.
Lawl! Sounds a bit like the players in COD4. xD

sudoxnerdx

« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2009, 02:38:54 am »

Like I said we need to get some more developers and a larger community! This project is hot and it just needs someone to cool it! That'll be us

Meliadoul2k

• Pretty Gangsta Myself
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Meliadoul2k has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2009, 04:06:49 am »

Lawl! Sounds a bit like the players in COD4. xD
Ehh... you'd be surprised.

Anyway, I think if you do make single-player with AI you should base it on the Combine from Half-Life 2. Aggressive and intelligent, they turn corners knowing you're there. 

sudoxnerdx

« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2009, 09:14:56 pm »

What we can do is edit the skinning of the AI used in Half-Life 2 (Pretty advanced AI:)). After we would have faced them we could execute the AI systems for HL:2

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 08:40:16 pm »

Spaz like this?
http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,2678.0.html
::)

Huzza! Promoted to 00.
*shoots everywhere*
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 09:01:41 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 09:43:27 pm »

Spaz like this?
http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,2678.0.html
::)

Those ones are under a heavy load of dope. It would be funny if the devs included bots that behaved similarly, just for the sake of laughs.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2010, 06:23:52 pm »

I know this is an old post, but that is known as sliding the left side of the cartridge out just by a little bit, then sticking it back in. I haven't personally done it though.
Pages: [1]   Go Up