GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 01:22:01 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Was the Auto Shotgun supposed to be like this?  (Read 9869 times)

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
Was the Auto Shotgun supposed to be like this?
« on: February 05, 2010, 06:56:41 am »

I can positively remember that the Auto Shotgun in the original game had the shells diagonally rested on the top of the shotgun instead of the left side as shown. Why is that? BTW, here's the original Auto Shotgun:

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Was the Auto Shotgun supposed to be like this?
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 07:02:02 am »

Our auto shotgun was done years ago and was designed to look like the real world weapon its based off. Most likely there will be a redux version to look like an updated creation of the n64 weapon. We did bring this up internally over the course of beta 3 production, but other art assets are more important to focus on.

If it gets adressed after beta 4 we can throw it in a patch :)

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 03:22:00 pm »

I hope so!  :D

That custom ammunition rail in Goldeneye made it really awesome.

It would have to be remodelled, but I guess it would have to be done anyway in order to have the shells empty from the ammo rail when you have no reserve ammo. Just like they did in Goldeneye.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 03:33:07 pm »

Are we going to do this for every gun out there? ::)

While I think the sniper is totally not right (because it totally looks different in any way), I'm completely OK with the rest of them.

InvertedShadow

• Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • InvertedShadow has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 10:21:26 pm »

Personally, I love the GE:S model a lot. It's been around for years. But the position of the shells has bugged me.

codemaster94

• codemaster94
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.codemaster94 is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Steam Account
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 10:55:07 pm »

I love the gun in the mod, it's just that I noticed this recently and got very curious about it. I hope it's in Beta 4 or 5, to be faithful to the original. Thanks for answering.
Pages: [1]   Go Up