GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:06:20 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 100131: Live and Let Die enters Betatesting  (Read 8764 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
VC's Laboratory 100131: Live and Let Die enters Betatesting
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:45:58 pm »

Some of you have already played the demo on OWS, so here's the scenario's changelog.

Bond
* Old radar glitches related to the Golden Gun are fixed.  (New radar glitches have been seen but only while using cheatcodes.)
* Only one Golden Gun should appear, even if it is part of the loadout.

Samedi
* Baron now spawns with partial-armor and has the normal AP limit.  This makes the Baron easier to kill with lead.
* Baron now levels eight times before gaining damage buffs.
* Baron now has a buff limit of +2000% at Level 35.  This makes all attacks lethal except Klobb to leg against an armored, full-health target.
* Baron has a HUD element to indicate !voodoo power at all times.  Color is gold normally, red when exhausted, and powder-blue when maximized.
* Baron gains a new mechanic, Bloodlust.  Using his machete (implemented as Knife for the time being), Baron Samedi can draw blood from his victims to perform more voodoo rites.  Fully exploited, Baron may have four !voodoo charges at a time, and can recover once when exhausted by successfully attacking with machete.  This feature is controlled by lald_bloodlust 1, and may be toggled at any time.
* Baron has a custom radar pip and lols when using voodoo or and under flawless victory states for Baron (Baron was never hit by AuG) and Bond (No Bonds died to Baron).
* Baron motion speed is relative to the number of players.  When there are many players, Baron moves more slowly.  When players are few, Baron moves faster.  This makes Baron more difficult to defeat in a showdown, and easier to escape at the beginning of the round.
* Baron no longer suicides when using Voodoo (we need custom particle effects for this) and cannot cast the spell again for four seconds.  (No spamming.)

General
* Radar remains active at all times when enabled.
* Conclusion type is now displayed prominently.
* Costume control should properly ensure that only the correct player appears as Samedi.  In case of failure, costumes are verified on player spawn, so glitches should be self-correcting.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
Re: VC's Laboratory 100131: Live and Let Die enters Betatesting
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 11:32:59 pm »

This sounds much more interesting...

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 12:14:15 am »

We need a good particle effect.  We have a placeholder in right now, but it's way to huge and slow.  SSL, SLX, OMG, WTF, whatever the crap your acronym in place of a name is, here's what I'm hoping for.  Start as a column to mask the removal of the Samedi model, quickly collapses downward, compressing the smoke for a split second, while it billows out.  Intersect with the floor so it looks like dry ice fog spreading out when triggered on floor, but more of a round upside-down mush when used in the air so it looks good either way.

"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

EMH Mark I

• Earthworm Jimbo
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.EMH Mark I is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 05:28:54 am »

Good to see that my bloodlust wont be negated in beta 4 if L&LD makes it in.   

Digging the conceptual artwork as well.  I guess the Baron lost his top hat yet again...

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 07:07:13 am »

Why do I see in my head when this happens that he giggles like Peter Griffin..  going for the static shock.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 10:40:16 am »

I can do that.  Once the sound crew figures out the right modifications and filters to take my source material and make it epic, I can make a bunch of laughs and make them randomly shuffled with frequency control.  My crummy Peter Griffin laugh can be something like 0.2% and catch people off-guard.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 10:43:37 am by Viashino Cutthroat »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 04:43:05 am »

"uh brian, what the heck is a gold..en..eye source? O_O duu does it go with roast beef? coz maaaan i am hungry ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha" POOF
Pages: [1]   Go Up