GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 07:17:17 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Autoaim  (Read 12562 times)

Uber Grim Kvlt

Autoaim
« on: November 16, 2009, 11:00:47 pm »

I think the game needs autoaim like Goldeneye and PD did for the 64.

Perfect Dark source has the autoaim, and I think it is a better game, but both are fun. I think GE:Source has better levels, but PD:Source has better game play. I also get a glitch with the game like I do in DOD:Source, i.e.:

Otherwise, its a great game that brings back good memories.

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
Re: Autoaim
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2009, 11:05:50 pm »

whoa that looks awful. and we do have auto aim - its called mouse control

jhawver

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • jhawver has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 11:56:04 pm »

Thumbs down to auto-aim.  It takes the skill out of the kill.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 12:00:46 am »

The aim system in PDS isn't auto-aim at all. I'm not sure what it is called actually, some kind of free aim type thing, but it's not auto-aiming. The aim system for GES has been discussed over and over and over, and it's probably going to stay the way it is due to the fact that it would take an extremely long time to code and would probably frustrate players due to the lack of compatibility with the faster paced online play when you're forced to stand still in order to use the aim. (Super duper run-on I just made)

What you're getting with those green/purple lines probably has to do with your graphics card overheating.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 12:56:16 am »

autoaim = tehgay
The only reason the console had it was because its a console game.  HL does have a built-in autoaim options..  I disable able it as one of my first setup steps.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2009, 02:03:37 am »

The aim system in PDS isn't auto-aim at all

Its a dynamic aiming system which i hate. Love fixed aiming.

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2009, 02:04:35 am »

Speaking of auto aim.. do any of you coders know how to do auto aim in Source? Is it possible?

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2009, 04:52:16 pm »

VC mentioned this a while ago. Utilizing the auto-aim in GE64 resulted in WORSE performance for the user than if you did not. The reason being that auto aim goes for center mass which would result in a lot of chest and limb hits. In GoldenEye that results in a decrease in performance when you should be aiming for neck line to get head and chest hits.

Needless to say you just need to GET BETTER and PLAY MORE. Using auto-aim as a crutch only shows weakness and a lack of motivation to actually get better.

I also get a glitch with the game like I do in DOD:Source
That is not a glitch in the game, that is a glitch in your hardware usually associated with overclocking and over heating. Suggest you STOP overclocking and buy a can of spray air and remove the dust from your computer. Although your graphics card may be permanently damaged as a result of a long time at an over heated state.

@Kinky
Auto-aim in source is available by default, it does a simple calculation to determine what object is closest to the crosshairs within some tolerance region and it aims for the center of that target (shots actually go in a different direction than the cross-hair is pointing)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 04:54:11 pm by killermonkey »

little 00

• Secret Agent
  • little 00 has no influence.
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 05:36:28 am »

;D My mouse hand automatically aims me at the target  ;D

Let the source be with you (Goldeneye source)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2010, 02:35:55 pm »

"The reason being that auto aim goes for center mass which would result in a lot of chest and limb hits."

And gun hits. In GE007, if you hit the player's gun, you do hit them, but the damage is x0, so you are actually protecting them from harm.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

{EFC}Cobra

• Elite Fighting Corps
  • Agent
  • {EFC}Cobra has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2010, 08:58:17 pm »

Honestly, auto-aim should be selectable by servers whether to have it active or not from a developers stand point, but as a gamer, I mean, yall got radar for cryin out loud.  We give you auto-aim, then this makes this game as easy as MW and Halo.  Get my point?

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 11:55:13 pm »

Shift its your best friend.
Rawr! =)

Divideo

• Agent
  • Divideo is looked down upon.
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2010, 04:37:10 am »

I disagree.  Those games had auto aim because they were played with controllers.  When playing shooters with a keyboard and mouse, you can become much more accurate, and have way more skill.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2010, 05:58:15 am »

Some of our weapons need to be adjusted though so that they are actually pointing toward the center of the screen. This will help newer players, and those who dont always use +shift to bring up the crosshair.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

MetaMind09

• Agent
  • MetaMind09 has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2016, 12:55:17 pm »

I m trying to play with my N64 usb controller but without the slight autoaim like GE64 its very hard to hit. Plz integrate this feature as an option for hosters to make a true "classic N64" server possible.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up