GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 07:43:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Damage multiplier  (Read 6811 times)

The GE007 Grandmaster

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • The GE007 Grandmaster has no influence.
Damage multiplier
« on: January 08, 2010, 01:46:29 am »

I just bought The Orange Box yesterday (finally :P), and I only bought it so I could play this mod. ;D So, anyway, my question is, is the player health based on GoldenEye set at handicap thingy level 4? or is it based on when you set it at 0? ...or is it adjustable? The reason I'm asking is because the weapons feel kinda weak.
Code Name: Grandmaster
Weapon of Choice: rc-P90

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Damage multiplier
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2010, 09:58:09 am »

I can't really tell you precisely in which handicap level the health system is based on but I'd say it's on level 0. Everything feels normal to me, i.e. to classic GE standards.

Could you be a little more specific? I'm asking this because that "feeling" is very subjective. All weapons were tweaked to values incredibly close to the original ones, for multiplayer.

Nozzy06

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Nozzy06 has no influence.
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2010, 10:13:13 pm »

I just bought The Orange Box yesterday (finally :P), and I only bought it so I could play this mod. ;D

Well, you don't need the OB to play GE:S I just recently got the OB a few weeks ago and I've had GE:S for a long time... and as far as weapon damage is it seems pretty spot on to me...
"Blessed are the forgetful, for they get the better even of their blunders."

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2010, 11:10:57 pm »

Damage is based on Handicap 0.  A few weapons have been buffed, but nothing has been nerfed.  I know how to scale it, but upper management was against implementing the damage scaling feature.  As I am a stubborn arse, I snuck it into Live and Let Die.  If the Baron respawns enough times to unlock all weapons, further respawns give him a damage bonus the equivalent of +0.5 handicap.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: [1]   Go Up