Debriefing > Join Us

Programming - Looking to be a part of something

<< < (5/6) > >>

pimpinjuice:
Hey there,

I am one of the programmers here. You look like you would be a good addition, but Scott will need to review you. Really, I think that any help we can get is great, contribution is nice, even if the code isn't perfect, others can improve on it. Wait for Scott to post, but I really appreciate the fact that you want to help.

-Anthony

jusifdg:
No problem at all man, it is a hell of a privilege. Being an actual programmer for the team, do you have anywhere you would like to point me to for information? I have been sort of bored and want to read up on somethings to improve my skills for you guys. I was lookin at getting this: http://www.gametutorials.com/gtstore/pc-35-6-gametutorials-squared-cd.aspx I can get 20% off for being a student so it isnt that bad of a deal. Would you recommend that, and anything else (books or webpages)? Thanks man.

-Ryan

pimpinjuice:
Hi again,

In order to work on a mod like this, you need to learn alot of things. One thing I recommend, is to learn how to comment code. You aren't the only one working on it, others may not want to analyze it to understand. Also, SVN experience doesn't hurt. Basically, you are in a team enviorment. Communication is key, so we need a few ways to contact you. Also, can you please post some examples? :P

-Anthony

nowhere:
There is a reason for signatures in forums. So you don't have to sign posts.

jusifdg:
Yes I agree comments are definately helpful, I will follow any format or thouroughness of commenting that you guys wish. As far as examples, I mentioned in my first post I have labs from school that I made if you would like those. (They are written in 'C#' using VS2003). I recently have been lookin at the differences in C++ from C#, I am sure I will figure them out soon enough, most of the code is the same. Additional ways of contacting me:
email: jusifdg@gmail.com
AIM: jusifdg

Talk to you later.
-Ryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version