Debriefing > Join Us

Programming - Looking to be a part of something

<< < (3/6) > >>

jusifdg:
Alright cool guys, thanks for the considerations. Like I said before even if i don't turn out to be what your looking for is there anyway I can still tag along and learn from you guys? Such as look at what you guys have already done/coded, you guys have came a very long way, and learn from it. I am a quick learner, I am sure I can pick up a bunch from the lead programmer. Sorry that this project would be my first true gaming experience, but i am really looking forward to it :). Thanks guys.

-Ryan

VC:
Good, someone who actually has used Microsoft Brand C++-like Programming Language Non-Standards-Compliant Compiler and can  teach me how to get used to the bloody thing.

(Backstory in a nutshell: Because Valve crippled their code with MS-only crap, I haven't been able to write anything for this glorious mod.  Big thank-you to Redmond for compelling me to need to download hundreds of megabytes over dialup to install a compiler.)

jusifdg:
Haha yeah, I am of the next generation I guess where we get to use all the fancy stuff, and not the old hardcore stuff. It has its pros and cons. Pros: easier to do things, and the main thing, much better organization. Cons: Don't feel as much as a bad ass while coding (haha), and maybe take concepts for granted and I think with the old stuff you actually truely knew it all. I assume these days there are some folks out there that claim to know it, but just click around and figure a few things out so they say they know it. So we will see. Lol I feel bad for you having to use dial up and download all that crap haha.

Later guys.

-Ryan

Wake[of]theBunT:
sigh everything is learned tho

Nobody was born and magically knew coding, they learned, so it doesnt matter if you click around and find out what to do in a easy to use program, its no different in the end to sitting down with a big fat text book based around notepad code strings that take up 2 pages and do the same thing.

jusifdg:
Yeah I know, but I was wondering in my free time if any of the coders know of any good readings that they could point me towards that would help me in game programming, or what kind of stuff they are dealing with.

-Ryan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version