GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 27, 2024, 06:41:44 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anybody there?  (Read 6191 times)

Dorito

Anybody there?
« on: October 23, 2009, 08:01:39 pm »

I've noticed that there's hardly any servers, only 2 show up for me.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: Anybody there?
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 08:16:01 pm »

Are you positive you have beta 3.1.4 version? there is way more than 2 in the latest version of the mod.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 08:23:49 pm by major »

Dorito

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2009, 09:20:31 pm »

If you're talknig about 3.1.4, then yes. I see 4 servers... How come I can't see more?

How come you guys can't use the original GoldenEye soundtrack? It would be so cool.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2009, 09:22:52 pm »

Uncheck the "show maplist" and maybe change your filter settings in the server browser.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2009, 10:52:13 pm »

How come you guys can't use the original GoldenEye soundtrack? It would be so cool.

It is against copyright laws, and we would be targetted for C&D or worse, if found out by nintendo or MGM perhaps. We make remixes which are our own creations from scratch based on the arrangements of the original game.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2009, 10:54:43 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

ChronoSKitz

• A portal
  • Agent
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • ChronoSKitz has no influence.
    • Chronetic
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2009, 02:43:42 am »

It is against copyright laws, and we would be targetted for C&D or worse, if found out by nintendo or MGM perhaps. We make remixes which are our own creations from scratch based on the arrangements of the original game.

If you can find the MP3's you can put them in yourself anyway. I believe.

Poor Music team. They never get enough credit for their work. Everybody just wants the original music.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2009, 03:32:21 am »

Not really true, out of thousands of sign-ups, only about 5-10 have said they want the original music instead. The other few thousand voice how much they love the work of the remix crew or at least remain content with the quality and now quantity of music tracks. By the final or thereafter, there will be well over 60 tracks total from the 4-5 artists. Pretty impressive, and thats not counting the dozen or so bonus and original GE:S tracks already made by Basstronix and Audix (ORDIX omg naming property bite tongue).

There is a classic's artist in the me and rocko combo. When a classic map goes in the mod, a classic track is created. (facility_classic for example is the only one so far that wasnt one of the "Multiplayer" rotation tracks)

Dorito

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2009, 12:22:59 am »

A thousand people yet only about 20 play...

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2009, 12:25:35 am »

Thousands have downloaded the mod, but everyone got scared off and stopped playing after a TF2 update screwed up all of the servers for a few days.

There are a few dozen regular players who have stuck around, they're just not all on at the same time.
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2009, 02:15:18 am »

Personally I prefer to play Beta 4 ;)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2009, 04:15:35 am »

Wouldn't/don't we all.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Wake[of]theBunT

• Retired Lead Developer
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2009, 05:30:40 am »

Actually, its way more than a few dozen. Check out all the servers using stats and scope their stat pages. Hundreds of people play per week spread out, and i mean unique players, not compounding the dozens that play every day to get the estimate.

The problem is with a long wait before new release, Its natural to see drop off. Yes, there is not hundreds of thousand-to-millions at the same time constantly like in TF2/CSS/COD4-5 and other commercial games, but come on, they are commercial games mostly played by drone gamers who dont know what a mod is.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2009, 02:08:28 pm »

Personally I prefer to play Beta 4 ;)

*slap km*

Kind of reminds me of something like this:

:- (

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2009, 03:47:25 pm »

*slap km*

Kind of reminds me of something like this:

:- (

haha, I TOTALLY understand what you mean..I can hardly wait for this masterpiece
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2009, 08:29:00 pm »

-that KidX is quite the lyricist.
Win.

-but the few of us that do play here love you. Platonically. Who was Greek. Which might be gay. But this is an accepting forum.
Also win.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2009, 08:36:56 pm »

Quote from: HB
WNx could ban some more people for their high moral ground-that always packs em in.
Lose.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 01:25:45 pm by kraid »

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2009, 04:46:27 am »

the Doorman is God server has, more dumb people would play because of the deception. Oh wait. I actually
Draw!

The off-topic shift from server numbers to clans is quite disgruntling.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 04:53:47 am by Sergeant Kelly »
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up