GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 29, 2024, 12:03:39 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Scaramanga`s house  (Read 67323 times)

The Cy

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 87
  • The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!The Cy is awe-inspiring!
Scaramanga`s house
« on: October 11, 2009, 03:15:16 pm »

hello everybody,

it`s just an idea, but today I saw The Man with the golden gun again and I thought that Scaramanga`s training room would be perfect for a small multiplayer-map, especially for a little golden gun round-fight. thereĀ“s a little bay in front of the house, where the player could start from without any weapons. then the player walks up the stairs into the house ( which is very detailed shown in the movie ). the spectacle begins in the living room: suddenly there`s a red light and pure darkness afterwards, with some spooky and crazy illusions coming around and puppets of james bond, cowboys and the mob shooting. at the same time, you hear someoneĀ“s laughin over the loudspeakers. just like in the movie, the player must find the golden gun somewhere in this house of madness and kill the other players. then the round ends.

here is the link for this scene at the beginning of the movie:

here is the link for the final battle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4V9XYxgWL78&feature=related

what do you think of this idea  ? and do you think, it would be too difficult to create something like this ?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 04:11:55 pm by The Cy »
finished: ge_funhouse v4 Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?urjfs3ra2zdslcz

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Scaramanga`s house
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2009, 04:55:01 pm »

There was a map called Funhouse in Goldeneye Rouge Agent Multiplayer.
Maybe it can get a remake in GES.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2009, 06:25:24 pm »

Unfortnately I don't know the map Kraid mentioned, since I never played Rogue Agent, but Cy's idea sounds nice.

But instead of 10 players on a map looking for the golden gun I think it would be way cooler to have 2 player shootouts.
For example there are like 20 players connected to the server.
There would be 10 different "arenas" they could play in 1 on 1.
Both players in each duel would start out with a silenced PP7 but in each arena there would be a golden gun randomly spawned and the players would be put in the arenas randomly, so they wouldn't always know in which arena they were fighting and so they could hardly tell the possible golden gun spot. A round ends when either the time is up or there's only 1 player alive in each arena.
Now it's 10 players in 5 arenas, followed by 5 players in 3 (one player advances to the next round for free at random or dependant on the time he needed to win the previous round compared to the others or the amount of damage he took himself or something like that) 3 in 2 and 2 in 1 until a winner is determined.
Of course these arenas would have to include some random psychedelic effects like randomly flashing lights in different colors (maybe even spotlights on both players), mirrors, moving objects (like these cowboy puppets in the movie) and laughter so players who would get scared would give away their locations to the others when they startetd shooting at the puppets or mirrors.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 06:29:29 pm by coolDisguise »

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 07:04:31 pm »

Or, players start one vs one, and the winner can be teleported to another room, one vs one, and then teleported to another room, one vs one, and so on until hte 5th room, that would be cool! And possible

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2009, 07:26:36 pm »

Heh, that would be a cool single-map gametype. "Scaramanga's Training". :O

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2009, 09:49:58 pm »

VS CPU players it would indeed make a good training session that way ~
The possible problem I see in doing it the teleportation way is this:

If it's like there's only 2 players facing each other and the winner is teleported to another room where another player THEN spawns, most players would have to wait a long time, furthermore you'd (possibly) have to make the player regain health and lose his golden gun (because it would be unfair otherwhise).

If it's like whenever a player wins a duel he's teleported then you'll have the following problem: a player finishing his duel way faster would still have to lose his golden gun but also he would have more time to find the golden gun in the new arena and could already be holding it when his enemy is teleported in there -> the first player would have to be frozen in place until his enemy shows up.
So if you do it the second way, you could go for roundbased action.
Although I'd like to mention that maybe some achievements should be disabled for this game mode, since it's easier to obtain them, because it's always 1 on 1 with full health.

EDIT:
Limited ammo should keep players from spraying, let's say max 3 or 4 clips of ammunition in total.
For a possible training mode (when AI is implemented in future) you could use Trent Easton from Perfect Dark as Lvl 5 bot model (or as an unlockable superbot combined with an achievement if you beat him, maybe even give the player the ability to select him in multiplayer when you beat him)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2009, 10:04:40 pm by coolDisguise »

StrikerMan780

• Hellbender
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • StrikerMan780 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2009, 10:15:35 pm »

I said single map, not singleplayer map. This would be multiplayer, not vs CPU Ai.

Check out [SM]'s HL2: Deathmatch Server! I've worked hard on making it the best it can be.

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2009, 10:24:51 pm »

Sorry, my bad, seems I didn't read your post properly.
But you gotta admit it would also usuable in that way. ^^

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2009, 10:33:04 pm »

if you are good with triggers you can force weapon spawns, and not making them spawn at all, I.E. "point_template". The scenario i spoke of is pretty easy to implement, but yes, the players who win the rounds would need to wait a little bit.

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2009, 10:44:40 pm »

This would have to be a map and gameplay pairing. Wouldn't be impossible, but definitely not possible on _every_ map.

This would be a fun 3rd party gameplay, not in an official release though (too many server criteria)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2009, 11:24:42 pm »

What about having a specific prefix to the mapname which in turn causes the server to load only this specific game mode for maps that are designed for it?
Respectively relinking the game mode dependant on the prefix, so no matter what game mode is specified serverside when the map loads, only this game mode can be and is called/no others can be accessed.
You could have a file telling the server which maps are playable in this game mode.
I thought of these solutions because other game modes would be useless to a map designed for this game mode unless you'd do it via triggers as SharpSh00tah proposed.

Anyway, it still would be a lot of work, if it is doable.
Just out of curiousity: what other server criteria would be important?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2009, 03:02:27 am »

Well the blocking of our built-in gameplay randomization / cycle would have to happen. Prefixing is a nice solution, but wholesale blocking of gameplays is not. I dunno, if you produce the map I will produce the support for it, how about that?

Alternative:
Create a permapgameplay.txt file that is like the gameplaycycle.txt except it is a key-values pairing of map name to a specific gameplay list to play on. This would allow server runners to basically create a gameplaycycle.txt for EACH MAP. Omitting a map from the permapgameplay.txt file would cause the gameplaycycle.txt file to be used for the gameplay cycling for that map. I actually like this A LOT because it could be used to prevent LTK from being run on ge_cradle.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2009, 10:53:01 am »

I think BadPlayer made something like this for the barrelsoccer map.
Whenever this map is executed the bb_script.lua was loaded automatically.

iamfuturetrunks

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • iamfuturetrunks has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 08:22:49 am »

Ohhhh that map in goldeneye rouge agent was FUN! the fun house part. They had a few fake bodys with guns in their hands which would shoot at you when you pressed a button from like above in a room with a window and it would shoot at the enemy. And then there was the traps here and there. It was a fun map actually.

Another thing that was fun about goldeneye rouge agent was the bomb guns. The ones where you could shoot a mini explosive and it would stick to whatever it touched. So like you could shoot a guy while hes running away or while your trying to run away then detonate it when you want. But only for a minute cause then after that it just didn't work anymore. That gun and the same type of gun but with poison darts was fun.

But yeah if you haven't seen that fun house level try to find it on youtube or something cause it was a fun level. Although kinda small. If someone does make something like that they should make it bigger.. much bigger. With more surprises.

kraid

• Game Artist
    • my Homepage
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 10:29:17 am »

You could make it bigger by doing the rest of scaramangas island, too.
So the Funhouse will be only a part of the map.
Place the good weapons inside the funhouse part (high level weapon slots), so the player will have a reason to go in there instead of lingering arround on the beach.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11   Go Up