GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 03:18:34 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: music wanted to share a song and see what you guys think of it  (Read 5784 times)

DGB.

hello I'm new to the whole forum thing but i really wanted to share a song that i made which i think really fits the GoldenEye feeling and i had no intention of this song turning out like this i noticed it when my friends started telling me that it had that bond sound to it and if you guys like it i have more music on my myspace page that you can check out as well here is a link    http://www.myspace.com/distortedvii
and if you guys are interested i wouldn't mind joining the team and helping out with the BGM i love music and I'm still new to making it so let me know what you guys think sorry if i did anything wrong on this forum like i said I'm new to using forums but thanks for taking a look here is the link to my page again         http://www.myspace.com/distortedvii  and my song i would like you to check out is called   optimized reduction :)

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
Re: music wanted to share a song and see what you guys think of it
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2009, 05:59:54 am »

Punctuation would be nice...
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2009, 06:05:17 am »

Im sorry we already have too many music artists, actually. I think we have 4-5 that do various types of music ranging from classic-to-remixes-to-movie inspired in nature. All the music artists in the team are already well into their catalogue and since you seem to only have one example of a bond theme (barebones) im just not sure. It might be a consideration if 2 new artists didnt join the team this year, but they have and i think the ship has sailed on further newcomers. Thanks!

I checked out your page and "memories" is cool and if i can give you some advice you should keep shopping around for mods to make music for. Take the kind of mood approach shown in memories to your new songs and maybe you might find a good fit with a Single Player mod, theres plenty around and usually they dont have a proper music artist at all.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:07:05 am by Wake[of]theBunT »

DGB.

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2009, 06:14:34 am »

Its cool i just wanted to see what people thought as well. i don't make music just for video games but i wouldn't mind making it a full time job either. Anyway thanks for checking out some of my stuff still more to come

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2009, 06:21:26 am »

Even having 4 musical artists, sometimes I don't feel like there is enough music for the game since we start to hear so many repeats of the same tracks. Thankfully, we are starting to see some more songs and activity, though more would always be nice, in my opinion. :)

Although, to me your music seemed VERY repetitive and not quite to my tastes. Try listening to some of Audix's or Basstronix's music to get a sample of the quality that we would be looking for and I couldn't see myself playing Goldeneye to it. :(
« Last Edit: October 05, 2009, 06:24:30 am by CCsaint10 [bklax23] »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

DGB.

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2009, 06:26:20 am »

yeah i know what you mean and like i said i never planned on having optimized reduction turn out like that its not just me doing the music its me and my friend synaestheisa we worked really hard on it though and again i make music for general purposes just to listen to but i have been wanting to do game BGM for a long time as well  but its fine as long as people enjoy my work I'm happy with that

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2009, 06:30:10 am »

yeah, definitely man. I enjoyed some of your other tracks and they are good when it comes to just listening to them, but as for BGM in games, I think you could do better. :) Take an easy and keep makin' music dude.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

DGB.

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2009, 06:31:23 am »

yeah thanks ill take what you said and learn from it for BGM  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up