GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 19, 2024, 11:20:27 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: so, people play this, right?  (Read 13586 times)

l337matt

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • l337matt has no influence.
so, people play this, right?
« on: September 12, 2009, 07:11:50 pm »

I just downloaded and installed this goldeneye source today, because it looked awesome.  I launched the game and everything went great.  Except, when I went to "find servers", there were no servers... Obviously people play the game, because there are people on the fourms.  So, am I having a problem?  Or do not many people play, or just not all the time...?

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: so, people play this, right?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 08:02:42 pm »

You can always find someone that is playing. Check to make sure that you have the latest version installed. (3.1.4) NOT 3.1.3 or 3.0

Also, make sure you have source sdk orange box installed. If you still can't find anything, it could have just been a bad install or something.

If worse comes to worse and it doesn't work:

1) Reinstall SourceSDK Orange Box
2) Restart computer
3) Reinstall Goldeneye Source 3.1.4(Be sure to completely delete the goldeneye sourcemod folder before installing the fresh one)
4) Restart Computer

If all went well, you should see around 21 servers or so with people on a few of them. Generally there are 2 servers or so with people almost filled to the brim or scattered throughout. Good luck. If you have any other questions or problem, feel free to post here. :)

Also, one more thing to note: There have been a few corrupt or bad install files floating around on a few websites so if one doesn't function right, try getting the full install from a different source.

See you in game,
Saint
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 08:04:27 pm by CCsaint10 [bklax23] »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 08:03:45 pm »

Welcome to the forums; uncheck "Show server list" or whatever it is called on your server browser. It's on the lower left corner. I believe that's the problem. If not, do what Saint told you to.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 08:07:02 pm »

Also, uncheck the box in filters that says "has users playing" or something since it could be (unlikely) that people weren't playing when you checked (although I doubt it since people are ALWAYS playing when i look.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 09:23:41 pm »

although I doubt it since people are ALWAYS playing when i look.

I wouldn't say that. I've caught some deserts on my server browser. Oh wait, different time zones...

l337matt

• Agent
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2009, 09:26:57 pm »

Thanks for the help so far, but I already had all those things covered.  I did completely install source sdk- orange box, and goldeneye source both with success.  The game did launch, and I could create a server and roam around, but no servers showed up under internet.  I also already tried the filters, everything was unchecked.  And, not that it should matter, I unchecked "show map list".  Maybe there is another file I need to install?  I only clicked the download tab, which led me to a wiki page with a bunch of mirrors for the game.  I downloaded the full.exe
Any other sugestions?  I realy loved, (and still have,) goldeneye on n64, and this mod looks amazing.

WNxCJL9788

• Secret Agent
  • WNxCJL9788 has no influence.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2009, 10:08:56 pm »

Are you absolutly sure you have the correct version? We're currently on 3.1.4, not just Beta3.0.

l337matt

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2009, 11:37:19 pm »

Are you absolutly sure you have the correct version? We're currently on 3.1.4, not just Beta3.0.

yep.  In the start menu, all programs, Goldeneye Source Beta 3.1.4

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 11:41:31 pm »

Make sure Windows Firewall isn't blocking the Source SDK Base (it does by default, I have to go and unblock it manually on my computer, or tell it not to block the first time I launch the game).
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

l337matt

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2009, 12:43:55 am »

Make sure Windows Firewall isn't blocking the Source SDK Base (it does by default, I have to go and unblock it manually on my computer, or tell it not to block the first time I launch the game).

yep, did that too.  first tme I launched the game, I clicked unblock for the pop-up.  I think the game itself is ok.  Am I suposed to download like a seprate server patch or client or something?

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2009, 01:03:48 am »

Check to make sure you have a file called "steam.ini" in your gesource folder. If not, that is your problem and I can guide you from there.

l337matt

• Agent
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2009, 01:23:14 am »

Check to make sure you have a file called "steam.ini" in your gesource folder. If not, that is your problem and I can guide you from there.

aha!  I find no such file!  Thank you!  What do I do next?

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 02:26:24 am »

"Well THERE'S your problem."
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

l337matt

• Agent
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 03:11:00 am »

Yeah, that's the problem, but I don't know how to fix that.  Do I just need that one file?  Is there a place I can get the one file, or do I pretty much need to re-install from scratch...?

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2009, 04:20:58 am »

Make sure you download the full install as the patch is only for people who have 3.0 (and im sure its still missing a couple of files)
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up