GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 01:16:14 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone finished yet?  (Read 15128 times)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
Anyone finished yet?
« on: August 14, 2009, 12:19:25 am »

Hi guys,

because I'm having a hard time trying to achieve "Hayday Mayday" and "Silent Assassin", I was curious to know if anyone managed to get all 50 achievements by now.
Remember: screen or didn't happen!

The other 3 achievements I'm missing are those for proximity and timed mines (00 Agent, ca. 100 kills missing on each), because the weapon set "Explosives" doesn't show up that often and Goldeneye Master but therefor (achieving these 3) I would just have to play more frequently, therefore I don't worry about being unable to achieve them.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
Re: Anyone finished yet?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2009, 09:10:29 pm »

I have silent assassin. It is fairly easy to get if you play on the OWS server with Proxy, Macc, and I since we play slappers only ltk fairly frequently. Hayday mayday...that is another beast in itself since the combination of those two achievements hardly pop up if at all. :) That is pretty much why I have started to be mayday forever now so that I might get it one of these times. :)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 09:16:37 pm by CCsaint10 [bklax23] »

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2009, 10:28:00 pm »

I have silent assassin. It is fairly easy to get if you play on the OWS server with Proxy, Macc, and I since we play slappers only ltk fairly frequently.

We do? Doesn't feel that frequent...

Haven't checked for a while, but I recall it being in the 60% range somewhere.
Die Another Day was my last completed achievement.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 10:30:02 pm by Rodney 1.666 »
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2009, 10:41:47 pm »

*cough* mayday achievement is impossible *cough*
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 01:58:23 am »

We do? Doesn't feel that frequent...

Haven't checked for a while, but I recall it being in the 60% range somewhere.
Die Another Day was my last completed achievement.

well..I have played more with proxy than with you...but I figure I would be nice and throw your name in there. :D

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 02:26:02 am »

Updating with 36/50 (72%).

Goldfingered, Who Throws a Shoe?, Hayday Mayday, and Silent Assassin are the main items on my hitlist.
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 04:01:17 am »

39/50

Have not completed:

- Die Another Day (22/35)
- For England, James (5/10)
- Hayday Mayday
- Klobbering Time (Secret Agent) (36/75)
- Klobbering Time (00 Agent)
- Mischievous Mishkin
- Proximity Pulverizer (Secret Agent) (43/150)
- Proximity Pulverizer (00 Agent)
- Timed Termination (Secret Agent) (75/150)
- Timed Termination (00 Agent)
- Who Throws a Shoe?

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 01:43:57 pm »

*cough* mayday achievement is impossible *cough*

I don't think it's literally impossible. Basically you need two awards.
Most Frantic is fairly easy - although you have to compensate for the time between your death and respawn you might try to jump e.g. from the cradle which means you travel quite a distance before you finally die and of course a little faster than walking the same distance on the map.
To be awarded with Shortest Innings you would have to die multiple times in a row in a short time, so this means (because you cannot depend on finding other players and them being able to kill you quickly) you have to suicide.
Problem here: If you suicide Lemming Award and Mostly Harmless will more likely pop up than Shortest Innings.
I know this because I already managed to get not only the Lemming Award but also Mostly Harmless once while attempting this achievement.
So you would need 3 award spots + 1 for Most Frantic out of 6 avaible spots, meaning max. 2 other awards can be given to other players.
Since awards are given to the most deserving players it would be impossible unless all of the other 3 players (because it's a 4+ players achievement) would play equally, which is highly improbable unless they don't do anything at all - but I don't think this is the way the Devs wanted us to do it (having 3 buddies doing nothing waiting for the round to end while you suicide the whole time). >.>
So yeah it looks like it is pretty much impossible to do it in a - what I consider - 'legit' way.

I'm kind of glad to hear that I'm not the only one still trying to complete the achievements, anyway. ;-)
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 01:48:37 pm by coolDisguise »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 03:14:53 am »

Hayday Mayday has been reduced in Beta 4 to just Most Frantic award coupled with winning the round, btw. :)

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 12:41:24 pm »

Well that's almost too easy for the most of us xD

But I agree with the idea that the characterbound achievements shouldn't be that hard to achieve
- cause they'd bind you for a long time to the same character if they were.

As you already spoke of Beta 4, will there be any new achievements that will take us longer to get them?

(-> I didn't read the thread about achievement ideas
or the thread about what the community would like to see in beta 4 for some time,
but a simple "Yes" or "No" response would be enough for me ^^)

E.g. it took me quite some time getting the TWINE achievement which I thought was quite cool and challenging
and I'd love to spend more time hunting achievements.
Also Goldfingered was really cool, Dutch Rudder almost impossible
(as far as I recall it had to be the same player that killed you before,
so basically it would almost impossible if you didn't do it in LTK mode on Complex
 with quite a number of players) and #1 with the Bulllet was fun, too (when it finally worked *g*).

Will there be an announcement about the estimated release time of Beta 4
(e.g. something like "it will be released near X-mas" or something like that) anytime soon?

EDIT:
I managed to achieve Silent Assassin today, so there's only 4 to go -> Beta 4 is better coming soon ;-)

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 04:02:27 pm by coolDisguise »

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 06:16:07 pm »

But I agree with the idea that the characterbound achievements shouldn't be that hard to achieve
- cause they'd bind you for a long time to the same character if they were.

90% of people are just going to pick Boris or Bond anyway. :P

E.g. it took me quite some time getting the TWINE achievement which I thought was quite cool and challenging and I'd love to spend more time hunting achievements.

I seem to get all 6 award slots every single effin' time I play... we seriously need more challenging achievements. You need some to keep the pros busy too!

Also Goldfingered was really cool, Dutch Rudder almost impossible
(as far as I recall it had to be the same player that killed you before,
so basically it would almost impossible if you didn't do it in LTK mode on Complex
 with quite a number of players).

I got those, and not in LTK. That's one of the things that make me want to shit all over GES achievements. Those type of achievements should be disabled in LTK. Also, the names are in bad taste. For shame.

Also, I think the required kill number for weapon achievements should be doubled at least (or have another level past 00 Agent).

And here's something that really bothers me. How does 3000 kills equal "GOLDENEYE MASTER"? How did you decide this? You don't think something called "GoldenEye Master" should be a lot harder to get? Quite frankly, it's stupid. This should be THE kill achievement. 10,000 AT LEAST...

...and with the ownage that is the rocket and grenade launcher coming up... maybe something like 50,000! Hehe.

You need more pro achievements. Keep me busy damn it. I'm finding it hard to get excited about them (like coolDisguise seems to be, for some reason).
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 06:31:35 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 06:54:10 pm »

Caution: the following post contains irony
- please try to understand what I'm trying to say and don't be offended, thanks.

I seem to get all 6 award slots every single effin' time I play... we seriously need more challenging achievements. You need some to keep the pros busy too!

Well, for me it took some time *shrug* but it was mostly because someone would get one of the achievements like mostly harmless and stuff that is quite useless and which you cannot get while totally owning the server.

I got those, and not in LTK. That's one of the things that make me want to shit all over GES achievements. Those type of achievements should be disabled in LTK. Also, the names are in bad taste. For shame.

I got Goldfingered in the weaponset Golden Guns in normal Deathmatch as far as I remember.
And seriously (concerning Dutch Rudder) -
1) if you spawn like 1 kilometer away form the one who slapped you to death you cannot reach him in 20 seconds
2) if he has a gun and sees you coming - good luck, he will be killing or avoiding you for this time
3) your victim has to be low on health otherwise you have to slap him like 20 times until he drops, which will mess also with the 20 second rule
4) if you do this with your buddy who is instructed it's pretty lame

Btw.: I've got Silent Assassin on a Wnx server today, while everybody was shooting at me with at least a Kf7, so it's not like I'm crying and begging everyone for knives/slappers only for my achievements. >.>

Also, I think the required kill number for weapon achievements should be doubled at least (or have another level past 00 Agent).

1) It's no use.
2) You'd have to wait like forever until you get your mines done, just because they don't show up in most of the weaponsets

And here's something that really bothers me. How does 3000 kills equal "GOLDENEYE MASTER"? How did you decide this? You don't think something called "GoldenEye Master" should be a lot harder to get? Quite frankly, it's stupid. This should be THE kill achievement. 10,000 AT LEAST...

...and with the ownage that is the rocket and grenade launcher coming up... maybe something like 50,000! Hehe.

Agreed, it's too easy. But just getting kills doesn't prove anything.
Every 2 year old can do that.

You need more pro achievements. Keep me busy damn it. I'm finding it hard to get excited about them (like coolDisguise seems to be, for some reason).

Oh you already finished all of your imba cool killing achievements which you like that much?
Didn't get that from your previous post.

39/50

Have not completed:

- Die Another Day (22/35)
- For England, James (5/10)
- Hayday Mayday
- Klobbering Time (Secret Agent) (36/75)
- Klobbering Time (00 Agent)
- Mischievous Mishkin
- Proximity Pulverizer (Secret Agent) (43/150)
- Proximity Pulverizer (00 Agent)
- Timed Termination (Secret Agent) (75/150)
- Timed Termination (00 Agent)
- Who Throws a Shoe?

« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 07:09:13 pm by coolDisguise »

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 09:10:03 pm »

I AM offended.

Agreed, it's too easy. But just getting kills doesn't prove anything. Every 2 year old can do that.

Same could be said of all the other achievements. NONE of this achievement bullshit proves anything.

Oh you already finished all of your imba cool killing achievements which you like that much? Didn't get that from your previous post.

If I made a point to try for them, they would be done in no time. I'm asking for harder achievements so that horrible players such as yourself would TRULY have something to gloat about when you finally get LUCKY enough to complete them.

Having all 50 achievements doesn't make you look all that great when your accuracy is 10.8% and your k/d is 1.6 (which IS you acc and k/d, by the way). I don't care how many achievements you have, you're still bad. That's why I think achievements should be removed.

Really, the only achievement I'm interested in getting is the "Being Genuinely Skillful at the Game" achievement, which you can't code in and make a little icon for.

As I said, I'd prefer the achievements be gone so these types can't foolishly brag over nothing.

I hate myself for making a big deal out of stupid crap and being a CONTRADICTORY sociopath asshole who continually alienates himself, always turning what's suppose to be fun into some serious, maddening ordeal. That's probably something I should work on.

Hope I haven't made anyone think less of me (if that's possible). But this "GES Achievement" crap usually rages me pretty bad. And I said it before and I'll say it again: Disable achievements for LTK, or make LTK specific achievements. Or make them harder. Or, preferably, get rid of them all together. You're just wasting time on something that most people don't even care about.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 09:16:16 pm by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

Kinky

• Level Designer / Environment Artist
  • Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Kinky has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2009, 09:17:53 pm »

I hate myself for making a big deal out of stupid crap and being a CONTRADICTORY sociopath asshole who continually alienates himself, always turning what's suppose to be fun into some serious, maddening ordeal. That's probably something I should work on.

Hope I haven't made anyone think less of me (if that's possible). But this "GES Achievement" crap usually rages me pretty bad. And I said it before and I'll say it again: Disable achievements for LTK, or make LTK specific achievements. Or, preferably, get rid of them all together. You're just making a little more work for nothing.

Rage is normally followed by quit. No srsly try not to turn this into a personal arguement. You wouldnt want one of us to have to lock this bad boy :P

Currently in Progress - ge_jungle

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2009, 09:35:20 pm »

If you want more challenging achievements, stop stewing over how awesome you are and head over to the Achievement Idea thread (http://forums.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/topic,2246.0.html) and suggest something that YOU think is challenging. Achievements are for fun, and some are challenging, but we mostly want all the achievements to give the player a way to explore the entire game, not to show off your "skillz." You do that on the Round Report...
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up