GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 09:59:18 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Video Editor  (Read 6344 times)

rustybloodfilms

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rustybloodfilms has no influence.
Video Editor
« on: June 24, 2009, 01:15:12 am »

I've been following the goldeneye: source project off and on, and I'd like a crack at the editing gig. I'm an actual editor who has had work in local and regional film festivals. I specialize in making trailers for other filmmakers
productions, as well as being a post-production effects editor. I'm looking for something to do that's fun, and I'm very much into the bond themes as well.

I edit mostly HD and 2k/4k projects, some commercial, some independent. A bulk of my work is creating special effects shots.

I use Avid Media Composer as my NLE, After Effects for Motion graphics and effects, as well as color correction. I do work in a 3D application on occasion when I need to, 3dsmax, but I tend to do a lot of compositing, so I don't deal much in the creation of 3d sets or set pieces.

I also score films on occasion, my work can be said to be close to a mixture of Hans Zimmer and Ennio Morricone.

I can provide a Quick trailer for viewing if the Moderators are interested. There's no point in posting whole work's and I have not needed to make a demo reel for some time, so i will only show the most recent work.

Interested?

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Video Editor
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 01:22:08 am »

Part of the application requires posting previous work, so post either youtube links or download links to your videos (I'm pretty sure the devs prefer youtube links).
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

rustybloodfilms

• Agent
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 01:28:35 am »

I'm just curious if there is a need/interest. I will cut together a small trailer of my work if there is.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 03:03:15 am »

Rusty, yes there would be an interest. Can you please show us some work? Thanks ahead of time!

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;

rustybloodfilms

• Agent
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 03:17:50 am »

Expect something soon then, I have to finish some compositing work before I can focus on this.

Sole Signal [Audix]

• Retired Developer
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.Sole Signal [Audix] is working their way up.
    • Sole Signal music
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 04:48:17 am »

Be warned that creating trailers and movies for videogames is different than editing traditional films. The hardest part in creating films for us would be recording the footage in the Source environment.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 05:26:09 am »

If you can beat the stuff that SSL released, then we'll talk....:P

rustybloodfilms

• Agent
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 02:34:41 pm »

Be warned that creating trailers and movies for videogames is different than editing traditional films. The hardest part in creating films for us would be recording the footage in the Source environment.

Looking forward to seeing your work.

I have a break here to reply, so i will. Yes, i have understanding of working in the source environment, I'm a big fan of Gary's Mod with its sandbox elements and while i have not made any films from playing with GM, I have tooled with it enough to be able to create scenes that would be as dynamic as what could be captured on camera. Since I've been behind the camera as well as an editor, i understand the dynamics of the two, and when you are dealing with directors that have no clue what they want from a scene, you have to improvise and make something fresh that stands out for the audience.

If you can beat the stuff that SSL released, then we'll talk....:P

I like the stuff that SSL has released. Its smooth and looks professional. But i would like to make something more than just a collection of scenes from the game to the music. I am re-watching the film and playing the n64 title this evening if i have time to gather some inspiration to create something that feels more bondish, if that's the right word.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2009, 06:01:32 pm »

Sounds good. We will wait to see what you can do.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

rustybloodfilms

• Agent
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 10:22:22 pm »

I haven't forgotten about you guys, just been really busy, i have some free time coming up.

Jeron [SharpSh00tah]

• Level Designer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.Jeron [SharpSh00tah] has an aura about them.
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 10:29:39 pm »

Good to see you like to keep in touch, sounds good we will be here :p

Complete: Ge_Runway (now under care of CC Saint); Ge_Caverns // W.I.P.:Ge_Streets; Ge_Depot; Ge_Train;
Pages: [1]   Go Up