GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 07:25:00 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Where is everybody?  (Read 7852 times)

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
Where is everybody?
« on: June 22, 2009, 02:27:46 am »

Hey just recently came back into enjoying this game it was awesome to see GES popularity sky rocket when 3.0 was released but where is everybody now? I'm now running 3.1 and often i only find about 5 to 10 people in one server and sometimes no one at all, whats going on? should i go back to 3.0 or is it that nobody plays anymore.

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
Re: Where is everybody?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 03:33:07 am »

Don't go back to 3.0, IMO the server options make the game very boring to play without the ability to randomize gameplay types, and 3.1 includes multiple bugfixes.

Anyone who's still on 3.0 (there are still a few people) really needs to pay better attention, there's plenty of info about the fact that there's a new patch out  on the main page, the wiki, facebook, moddb, youtube, and many other sites. It's been out for months now.

I expect another explosion of activity with the Beta 4 release, as from what I understand it includes a lot of things I hear people complaining about on a fairly regular basis (Facility Backzone, rolling explosions, and maybe dual weapons, but I'm not on the dev team so I don't know the true status of that).

You're better off on Beta 3.1, some servers can reach full capacity around 8:00 PM EST from what I've seen.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 03:35:48 am by The SSL »
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 08:45:57 pm »

I know that we developers are all still here and moving along development wise.. As for our userbase; I guess our lack of updates doesn't help much but, there are still people around.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 10:25:29 pm »

The series of Valve updates that screwed up our servers before 3.1 didn't help either. =(

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 08:29:08 am »

Speaking of the screwed up server issue, i had this again Yesterday, not on GES but another mod (Project Valkyrie).
I set up a dedicated server for GES Beta 3.1, no problem. Running, showing in the internet tab, ppl could join it, live was beautifull.

Next i tried PV and it simply didn't show up. I asked a friend to join it by >connect ip< and he got the "invalid steam key size" message.

So i guess this issue was never really solved and every Mod which wasn't updated after this update from valve won't work anymore.

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 05:29:42 am »

I've heard of the issues involving the valve updates i seem to remember a time shortly after 3.0 where there where no servers at all but it seems they have ironed out the kinks. It's a shame to see so many people never bothered to check back and see that things are once again running smoothly.

BTW how is beta 4 coming along? any word on a release date?

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 04:46:23 pm »

Fucking valve they screw up everything! Dont they?

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2009, 06:53:20 am »

BTW how is beta 4 coming along? any word on a release date?

When it comes to beta 4, I can only give you the same answer that everyone else will give you....It's finished when it's finished...:D Although the idea, if I am not mistaken, was said that it would be done LATE summer but that of course depends all on how life is for the developers and how much work gets done. There hasn't been an update on the forums in a while...so I am assuming something might be in the works...but that is just me speculating since their have been a few new developments......

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up