GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 29, 2024, 05:16:02 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: IRC for Goldeneye?  (Read 9831 times)

Kratos

• Reputation Power: 125
  • Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
IRC for Goldeneye?
« on: June 20, 2009, 11:19:59 pm »

Is there a IRC channel for Goldeneye source? I doubt we need it since we have a forum. I was just curious to know if there is one being planned in the future. That would be cool.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
Re: IRC for Goldeneye?
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 08:45:02 pm »

I know we used to have #ges on GameSurge, but that was back in Alpha days..  I doubt we still have it.

Kratos

• Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!Kratos is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 03:41:45 am »

I was thinking that we should setup a IRC channel and have everyone join and hang around. People can join in, get live help too.

Im a IRC operator of our channel (cant really give out the channel name as its a private) sorry

So if you devs think its ok to try out the IRC idea, irc.rizon.net is a good one.. no need to pay anything, just register the channel and add a few ops so it doesn't get deleted.

Any thoughts?

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 04:31:26 am »

If someone set one up I'd chill in it from time to time, and answer questions and crap. I believe there are IRC apps for android so I could hop in when I'm bored as well haha.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2011, 05:25:05 am »

Would be pretty cool to have a GES IRC.

Enzo.Matrix

• Lead Public Relations
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 179
  • Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!Enzo.Matrix is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 05:52:47 am »

lack of users and no one really uses it anymore unless your torrenting/hacking or getting setup to meet Chris Hansen.

We also have steam chat.
GoldenEye: Source Co-Creator
Personal Mission: -Play GE:S with a GE007 N64 Dev (Dr. Doak)
-GE:S reviewed by Yahtzee

Kratos

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2011, 05:58:53 am »

or getting setup to meet Chris Hansen.

Oh hell no... NO WAY lol. He's gonna rape me instead.

@ Major -  Use AndChat... Its the best android IRC app client available. I use it all the time.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 04:55:20 pm by osaeed2k9 »

Proxie

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 141
  • Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!Proxie is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2011, 08:22:46 am »

Nice, you will see me there as "proxie"

Mangley

• No Longer Leads The Art
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 270
  • Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!Mangley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2011, 04:25:19 pm »

Why use IRC when there's a GE:S community group chat in Steam?

It being more useful because you can A) follow people into game and B) chat whilst in game through the Steam overlay.

IRC is obsolete.
Concept Artist, Environment Artist, Effects Artist, Sound Designer

Kratos

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2011, 04:54:49 pm »

Why use IRC when there's a GE:S community group chat in Steam?

It being more useful because you can A) follow people into game and B) chat whilst in game through the Steam overlay.

IRC is obsolete.

Good point though...

I'll cut it off then.

mbsurfer

• Inactive Tester
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.mbsurfer is a force to reckon with.
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2011, 05:39:14 pm »

I remember back in the good ol days when we did have a #ges irc. I think when we had that scavenger hunt for one of the media releases years ago, we used the irc for part of the hunt.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 12:40:40 am »

I remember back in the good ol days, when Unreal Tournament included an IRC client in the game so you could chat while you pwnd.
Quote from: Some Noob
IRC is obsolete.
Trains are obsolete, by that logic.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Kratos

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 12:50:03 am »

I remember back in the good ol days, when Unreal Tournament included an IRC client in the game so you could chat while you pwnd.Trains are obsolete, by that logic.

can IRC be implemented in the game as like a plugin I suppose? lol

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 02:14:02 am »

No need, Valve has already implemented the desired functionality.  We just discussed that.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2011, 03:46:02 am »

Trains are obsolete, by that logic.

lol, That makes absolutely no sense at all. IRC is ancient and a waste now. There is no point in using it. Plus, the whole system is so complicated that if the newbs aren't going to figure out how to go and use steam or the forums, they definitely aren't going to figure out IRC. F that.

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up