GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 10:18:50 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do you devs (not BT's) are in contact with other mod teams?  (Read 7014 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation

I guess the title is self-explanatory.

I'd like to know if you guys talk with other mods teams'.

I am present at the BMS forums and am following the development of other mods too, for instance. I thought you could since sometimes it'd be helpful in a way that you'd share your problems in modding in Source and work out solutions together, or you'd have the solution for someone else's problem and vice-versa.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Do you devs (not BT's) are in contact with other mod teams?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2009, 11:04:21 am »

I got contact to dev's of other mods like Project valkyrie or PD:S.
So far i did a german translation for PD:S or asked them for permittion to use certain stuff of their mod for my barrelsoccer map (morphball from PV).

I think the most benifit would be a cooperation of the programmers.
E.g. the guys at blackened interactive got a free aiming system in their mod Resistance & Liberation (not sure if it's in the released version, but one of them said they would like to create something similar for PV, too), others got dual wielding guns or other neat stuff.
Or PDS could use a similar weapon spawning system like GES has, coz the original games had the same system, too.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2009, 02:00:42 pm »

A lot of the mod programmers wanted our code changes to get achievements to work on their mods, but none followed up with me. It's a shame, but most mods fail before their first major release, we get lucky!

Generally I would rather code it myself rather then limp on the back of someone else's code and bring in untold debugging problems from something I am not familiar with. Especially since I wouldn't know their coder, or who to complain to :)

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2009, 02:43:31 pm »

I talk to alot of programmers on other mods, BMS, pds, aoc and also we coders have the hlcoders list. :P

TwiggyTwink

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • TwiggyTwink has no influence.
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 10:30:51 pm »

Do you communicate with the guys are Zombie Panic: Source or NeoTokyo: Source?

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 10:48:17 pm »

Using my moddb contacts i have talked to a couple of guys working on those mods.
Pages: [1]   Go Up