GoldenEye: Source Forums

• July 04, 2024, 04:22:45 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Test Drive Unlimited Crashes  (Read 4725 times)

gdmatt

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gdmatt has no influence.
Test Drive Unlimited Crashes
« on: April 11, 2009, 01:09:29 am »

Okay, so a few weeks back I bought TDU and have played it a lot since then, everything was working fine. I stopped playing for about a week, and when I came back to it the game would crash randomly. It boots up and is playable for a few minutes, but then it just goes to a black screen and crashes for no known reason. I tried reinstalling the game, but no change.

System Specs:
Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 @ 2.20GHz (2 CPUs)
3GB Ram
160GB HDD
Nvidia 9600 GT
Windows XP SP3

I have the latest drivers and the latest patch for TDU. Any help is greatly appreciated.

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
Re: Test Drive Unlimited Crashes
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2009, 10:08:43 am »

I just don't know why you ask stuff like this here in the Goldeneye Source forum.
I mean, the chance someone here got TDU and know what's the problem isn't very high.
You should ask in a TDU forum, or a more general gaming community site, or contact the support.

Just a few thoughts:
Get the latest updates for your Anti-Virus and scan your HDD.
Shut down unnecessary programs, clean your system, registry, defrag and optimize.
Try another Game, at best one with high system requirements and maybe you'll find out it's not Game relate, but hardware issues.
Open up your case and clean it from dust.
Check if the fans working correctly.
Get a PC diagnostic tool and check if the RAM and other things are working correctly.

If everything else failed, reinstall Windows.

gdmatt

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • gdmatt has no influence.
Re: Test Drive Unlimited Crashes
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2009, 01:03:47 pm »

It's all good now.

I asked here for a few reasons; I'm capped so my ability to go on websites is extremely limited and Atari have some of the worst support I have seen.

Thanks anyway.
Pages: [1]   Go Up