GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 05:18:02 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: a message to the devs  (Read 7513 times)

double0killa

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • double0killa is looked down upon.
a message to the devs
« on: March 23, 2009, 01:47:35 pm »

I just wanted to say i enjoy your game. It is a great replica of the original, which i still play. The whole blood/hit detection thing is a tad bit overrated. Hit detection was even a problem in the original. It seems like most of the guys complaining about hit detection play LTK. (Me personally, I never play that game mode. It really doesn't showcase any true skills. Just because you shoot someone 1st doesn't mean your better). Anyway, my only question is about character height. In the original game taller (and for that matter ) shorter players guns matched their height. Meaning Jaws gun was always higher up by default than anyone elses. In this version, i have noticed when i play with Jaws, his gun height matches everyone elses, so does oddjobs. I remember oddjob vs Jaws matches where Jaws gun was well above Oddjobs head and Oddjobs gun was at Jaws knees. You literally had to either aim the gun up or down depending on who you controlled.
Its not a huge issue, I was just wondering if that would be a possible change.

Also I was wondering if there is a auto-aim feature. The original has a auto-aim feature. I personally like auto-aim off but someone who just got the mod asked me and I really didn't know the answer to it.

Thanks.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: a message to the devs
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2009, 01:50:24 pm »

Characters will, to the limits of feasibility, be the heights of their respective actors.  Jaws will likely grow a little to match Richard Keil (7-2ish).   Harold Suzuka was about 6-2 so he will not likely change.  Nick Nack (Herve Villichaize, 3-11) will be our game's short man.

Do you realize how terrible Auto Aim was? It specifically aimed to miss...if you used it with an accurate weapon you would often do zero-damage hits in GE007.  We don't support the zero hitbox, but you are still better off without it.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

double0killa

• Secret Agent
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2009, 02:20:29 pm »

ARE U SERIOUS. There will be 3ft 11in character in the game. UNREAL. LOL. I cant wait to see that.  So what your saying is after you tweak the heights, Let's say for example If was able to line up two charaters on the same screen at the same time. (which i know i can't do) Lets say one is jaws the other is anyone else, what your telling me is that jaws gun will automatically be higher than the other character because naturally, he is taller.

Yea, i never like auto-aim myself. I just needed a answer to give to my friend. Keep up the good work fellas. BTW, how come i havent seen any of u devs in the game yet. I want to shoot you in the face and take your gold kloob, LOL.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 02:24:49 pm by double0killa »

coolDisguise

• GoldenEye fan
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 12
  • coolDisguise barely matters.coolDisguise barely matters.
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 02:27:42 pm »

They're only quite regularly.
The only thing I 'm afraid of is people will prefer Nic Nack because of his smaller hitboxes then :- /

double0killa

• Secret Agent
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 04:28:58 pm »

well,if the DEV team stay true to the original, having a small person has pros and cons. the pros are his hit boxes are smaller because he is smaller. the con is everyone's gun will be aimed right at his head all the time. Yea it harder to hit shorter people but when you do, 9 out of 10 times its a head shot.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 07:02:03 pm »

I played last night, despite the terrible conditions.  Everything was coming up LTK or Cradle or LTK-Cradle.  Makes me want to scream obsenities.

Nick Nack's smallness will be a double-edged sword.  You will be smaller, but because of his disproportionate body, his head box is going to be just as large as anyone elses.

Other Nick Nack thoughts in my head that we must consider:
1) Server option to allow/block Nick Nack, since competitive servers will certainly want to regulate player stature.
2) He has stubby legs, he probably can't jump very well.
3) He will easily take cover, but he will also be forced to expose himself (lol) to fire because he can't peek over things, like the buckets in Cradle.
4) He won't be able to melee for shit since he will have a hell of a time attacking the player's head.
5) Also close up, he won't have his arms protecting his face like average-size players often do, plus enemy arms will be always blocking their faces.
6) Every time he's on runway he'll have to say "DE PLANE! DE PLANE!"
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 07:23:44 pm »

6) Every time he's on runway he'll have to say "DE PLANE! DE PLANE!"

QFT. i lol'd so hard..

and GRR @ ltk and/or cradle.. -.-

eamonn

• Secret Agent
  • eamonn has no influence.
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 10:27:26 pm »

Cradle's a pretty bad map anyway (because of the long, narrow pathways), but LTK Cradle is the worst thing about this game.

CelticCat

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 08:46:04 pm »

For a time, I actually semi-enjoyed LTK cradle. Now I loathe the very sight of it on a server.
Pages: [1]   Go Up