GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 07:36:13 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: how do you switch weapons in the server  (Read 7389 times)

double0killa

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • double0killa is looked down upon.
how do you switch weapons in the server
« on: March 16, 2009, 07:30:14 pm »

i have a question. im still having issues trying to install a server but my question is lets say i join a server with no one in it. how do i change the weapon set and map. is it possible to have my own weapon set in that server

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: how do you switch weapons in the server
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 07:45:43 pm »

It is possible to have your own weapon set on your server, but for that you'll have to create it. For that, browse to your GE:S folder on SourceMods (understeamapps) and look for a folder called scripts. Inside you'll find another folder named loadouts. In there you have to text files; the one you want is weapon_sets_custom.txt. Then it is just following the instructions inside the file. The pathway is C:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\SourceMods\gesource\scripts\loadouts. Change anything on the adress when it applies. To choose your weapon set, you have to write its name (the one you gave it) on the appropriate field on the "Create server" option on the GE:S main menu.

Here's and example of a custom weapon set (how it looks in the file):

Code: [Select]
"km"
{
"print_name" "Killer Monkey's Favs"
"weapons"
{
"1" "DD44"
"2" "PP7_SILENCED"
"3" "KLOBB"
"4" "AR33"
"5" "RCP90"
"6" "GRENADES"
"7" "REMOTEMINE"
}
}
This set is already shipped with the mod and is called Killer Monkey's Favs, as you can see from tehe text above.

About the weapon set and map cycle, I can't help you because I'm not knowledgeable enough on that to give you proper instructions; I don't make my own servers except for testing purposes.

Hope what I said helped in any way.

double0killa

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • double0killa is looked down upon.
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 07:55:56 pm »

thanks pp7. i know how to do that already. i have no clue on how to make my own server. its just so dam confusing. my next question is if i launch the game, and hit the create server button, can others join that server and play. will it show up on the server list or not.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2009, 08:02:01 pm »

If you want to create a server via In-Game.

When you load up the server and your in in, type this into console:  sv_lan 0

Then reload/change map: changelevel ge_facility (or whatever map you want)

Then it should show up on main server list, but still wont be problem free, but might work for now, till you figure out how to get server up, but server will only be up when your in it and running it.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2009, 08:58:02 pm »

thanks pp7.

DON'T.CALL.ME.PP7!!!

Joking, but my name is PPK hehe.

What major said, I didn't know, at least regarding the command sv_lan 0. As I said, I don't make my servers. I have a friend on steam who makes his own server too.

BTW, a question for whoever knows: can you make your own server that can run without you in it without renting any physical server?

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2009, 09:26:32 pm »

You can run dedicated on any machine you like, but performance will usually bottleneck on either the machine itself (old CPU) or on your internet upload rate.  If you don't get at least 1MBit up, you aren't going to handle more than four players.  But that's okay; we need more Classic servers.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."
Pages: [1]   Go Up