GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 28, 2024, 03:45:24 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Awesome Ideas for GE:S  (Read 18306 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Awesome Ideas for GE:S
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2009, 10:53:16 pm »

There are a few problems here. One is dealing with the need of extra control commands. If we map the weaponnext/prev to zooming, then you are forced to use those commands on your wheel to make sense.  Not everyone does, I script the hell out of my controls, for example. (I have Best Bullet, Best Explosive, Best Shotty, and Best Pistol button.)  Second is you don't usually need the ability to control the zoom in GES.  In N64, guards poked around being stupid a lot and you had a lot of mid-range combat.  In GES, you can switch to a quality mid-range weapon faster than you can change your zoom depth.  Also, from a balance standpoint, locking the zoom to max enforces Bishop to be a long-range hitter and a close-range pistol that gets better damage but cannot be spammed.  Having a variable zoom makes it a railgun for all seasons.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

WatchMyTrace

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • WatchMyTrace has no influence.
« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2009, 11:06:15 pm »

This is really a moot point in my eyes the current system works well and is true to the original.  The only issue that needs to be addressed with the sniper is that slappers need to be replaced with the butt of the rifle like in the original, is this in the works for beta 4?

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2009, 12:31:51 am »

If the model department would finish GrenL, RL, and Moonraker, then Rifle Butt would be a worthy consideration.

FYI: Rifle Butt is the medium melee attack, with Slap being the low and Knife being the high.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

morcego007

« Reply #63 on: September 14, 2009, 03:35:35 am »

impressions... what to say... its great! i played this in first alpha, and its a very good work!

i was playing with  Viashino Cutthroat, and kill him a lot! lol ;D

i tryed to change my name but i cant, how i change my name? im playing with "children of bodom"  :-[.

i dont like the KLOBB man this weapon sux lol

the spider is nice.

the cradle map is good, but very large, when spawn on towers you cannot go to the center of map without dying, the way is to long =[

the models are nice.

a question... the game has a option to turn on turbo mod?

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #64 on: September 14, 2009, 03:46:00 am »

i tryed to change my name but i cant, how i change my name? im playing with "children of bodom"  :-[.

The Orange Box (Source 2007) based games use your Steam Nickname. You have to change it in your steam settings.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 03:49:34 am by JessEH [The Beatles pwn j00!] »

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #65 on: September 14, 2009, 04:08:27 am »

setinfo name "WhatYouWant"

It will last until the map changes.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up