• October 19, 2024, 06:30:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: DD44  (Read 21255 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
DD44
« on: March 02, 2009, 09:48:06 pm »

Since the Sniper Rifle thread got locked due to off-topic discussion, motivated by my damn self, I decided to start anew thread where we can freely discuss the Soviet Deathdealer, our beloved DD44 Dostovei.

What I proposed on the other thread was a remodeling of the GE:S representation to match that of GE007, i.e. a more bulky, blocky (whilst increasing detail) and louder pistols, basically a pistols that looked like and sounded like it meant business. At least more business than the current TT33 Tokarev. VC posted some pics of the original and of a possible real-life reference for the replacement, along with some comments on the subject. I must say they are very good suggestions and for the change to happen, Sean has to be convinced.

This is the place to give your opinion on the subject but refrain to engage in opinion wars. Just give your opinion and leave the other people's ones. This is to keep this thread as clean as possible and to prevent it from veering off-topic as the other one did as much as possible.

I started looking here for a real-life pistol that could serve of inspiration for the possible remodeling.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:13:41 pm by PPK »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
Re: DD44
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2009, 10:05:47 pm »

I dont think a poll is necesary.

The team will always take the publics "suggestions" from threads like these and formulate a decision. The reason being is the DD44 was modeled on a real gun on purpose and the team had a lot of opportunity while it was being shown WIP's internally to protest a more ge007 counterpart and no one seemed to mind because its a good model and pistols (in a lot of devs view) should improve the most over ge007 models. In effect it is a design choice and so if we are to bend this weapons design choice what's to say people dont get the idea models can just be 'popularly' swayed away from design choices.

Community modders will eventually make complete replica's (im talking shape wise), and that benefits both the team and the community because we wont have to redo everything because of popular demand :) I actually would rather see that for us all than to see lots of re-do's of models ive come to love.

I can say for my dept it wont matter if the public shows a poll of 1000 (that a sound change is needed), its already in the process of being ;)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 10:12:08 pm by Wake[of]theBunT »

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2009, 10:22:09 pm »

I have corrected my post to remove the sentence that mentioned the poll after reading what you wrote.

Thanks for sharing your opinion with the community Wake. It is good to hear from someone who is not part of the actual people who make the mod in its physical form; instead one of the quality assurance comitee.

A third-party remake would be the most convenient for the team perhaps.

I started this because Sean hinted that he would be available to remodel the Dostovei if we could convince him. VC also joined the party of convincing.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2009, 11:46:25 pm »

The best resemblance to the original DD44 so far I've seen mentioned is the HiPoint JCP. But I'm not convinced because it would still require free hand editing to make it look like the DD44's long-ish barrel.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 03:09:37 am »

Hi-Point 40 Cal. S & W
http://www.securityarms.com/20010315/galleryfiles/2900/2963.htm

Closest thing so far.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 03:10:11 am »

Mine is the Hi-Point JCP, which is a 40 S&W.  But the weapon you link to in that post is at least slightly different from mine.  Note the grip and other features.  (Mine has a big-man-with-big-hands grip, a place to mount a LAZAR!, and a bizzare magazine butt, not included in my photographs since it is not significant to its DD44nicity.)

I thought that, too, but when I took the photo the length of the slide looked like a good match for the 007 view model.  The different might be in rendering FOV.

The DD44 comparisons.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:17:47 am by Viashino Cutthroat »
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 03:17:46 am »

The problem is finding proper references to allow me to accurately model the gun, it's hard to find sites with a gallery of said weapon. All my resource sites don't seem to have the Hi-Point 40 Cal. S&W listed.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 03:36:55 am »

Tell me what you need.  As you can see, I own one and I have a camera.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 03:56:19 am »

reference angles such as these, and others as well: http://www.modelguns-worldwide.com/TT33.htm send them via PM. The higher the resolution the better.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2009, 03:58:00 am by Sean [Baron] »
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 04:04:52 am »

i think the tt33 is a better fit for the model in GES.

the tt33 is a nice gun and it fires the 7.62x25 witch is quite a powerful And LOUD round.

i used to have a CZ52 that fired that round damn fun to shoot, but not a good gun for self defense in your home though since theres a good chance it will punch through the badguy then through a wall or 2 behind him :D

Daisy-Fan

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 3
  • Daisy-Fan has no influence.
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 07:40:21 am »

tt33 was the gun black right? ^^
Otherwise a agree whit you steven for this.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 08:58:00 am »

Fine, screw it. Leave it as the TT33.  It really doesn't make a bit of difference.

I've had it up to here with people dragging real-world weapon factoids into Goldeneye when they have absolutely zero significance.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 09:16:05 am »

The round chambered doesn't matter since it will be using 9mm (I think it is these ones) rounds on GE:S which it will share with other guns like the RCP90 and PP7 whose real-life counterparts use different types of ammunition.

If VC has a Hi-Point JCP that can be used for reference shots, then this is great! I guess you can start the modeling now Sean (not telling you to, mind you).

All we need now to complete the redo is a nice LOUD sound to go along with the gun.

Loafie, Hero of Dreams

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Loafie, Hero of Dreams has no influence.
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2009, 12:18:14 am »

we got bigger fish to fry anyways
maps in production: ge_temple maps released: ge_caves, ge_complex, ge_complex_classic
Loafie, Hero of Dreams is watching Big Love
fourtecks: you are watching basstronix?

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2009, 12:43:51 am »

I wouldn't mind redoing the model, it wouldn't be at the top of my list but, I would eventually get to it if the demand was there. I know VC has the references, so send them to me :P
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 02:41:03 am »

I try to avoid contrubuting to drama, and I've already had enough of it, so I am stepping away from this whole mess.  With that, I vote to retain the current DD44 model; but perhaps it can be modified somewhat to look more like the original weapon.  I feel the side-by-side-by-side comparison makes clear what modifications would improve the weapon's appearance.
Pages: 1 2 [All]   Go Up