GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 27, 2024, 08:16:44 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Forge 90226: Live and Let Die  (Read 18588 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: VC's Forge 90226: Live and Let Die
« Reply #30 on: March 07, 2009, 05:16:10 pm »

Every time 3.1 gets pushed because of something stupid, there is a comment that the chances of L&LD being in 3.1 increase.

As of yesterday, L&LD works on the current build but not the "clean" testing build.  Wake threw drama at me because I expected my script (which I wrote, it's going to be pretty damn solid) and the LUA callbacks (which I've been testing by using them to make L&LD) should be fast-tracked into the testing build so we have an excuse to get testers testing because there hasn't been any testing of anything these last two weeks despite our being able to work around the problems when we really need to and that gets on my nerves.  Anyway, as you all know, when I feel slighted I become very dynamic, hence the updating of this thread.

So, today I'm going to look into two potential oversights: 1) verify that Baron HP management on lead death and voodoo respawn is handled correctly. It should but I haven't tested it after the callbacks changed. 2) verify that self-inflicted damage works. I know holding a handy for five seconds is a suicide, as is falling off runway, but I forgot to test against world and low damage sources, like popping generators.  Baron's funny health system might not work appropriately with them if I omitted an if statement in a particular place.  If I omitted it and the damage works, then the engine code has a flaw. :D
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Rodney 1.666

• Macc
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!Rodney 1.666 is a rising star!
    • Steam profile
« Reply #31 on: March 07, 2009, 06:46:44 pm »

du u du vudu, VC?
Quote from: Friday, June 07, 2013
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: So I post on GE:S after 6 months and Facility comes on Radio Nintendo
9:48 PM - Macc 1.666: think it's trying to tell me something
9:48 PM - Proxie: Tonight you will dream of Grant Kirkhope and VC

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #32 on: March 07, 2009, 08:09:33 pm »

du u du vudu, VC?

Guess so.

It's good you keep us posted with updates so we get a clue of what is behind the scenes, specially on this new (and innovative) game mode.

If statements are really crucial on this matter; that's what my programmer-because-I-have-to tells me.

While I wrote the above, I had an idea: damn, it would be fine if a new game mode arose to be played on Aztec revolving around launching the shuttle, with one team preventing the other team from doing it... and if it had DATs and floppy disks involved, it would be great.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #33 on: March 07, 2009, 08:55:23 pm »

Sounds like cp_dustbowl.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #34 on: March 07, 2009, 09:01:12 pm »

Sounds like cp_dustbowl.

In a certain way, it does. It echoed in my mind for a split second before I finished writing the above post.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2009, 02:15:15 am »

This was a triumph.

Well, the radar is still glitchy because I only did things that I could reverse-engineer with it by looking at MWtGG, but all the gameplay stuff seems to be behaving appropriately.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2009, 02:30:48 am »

This was a triumph.

Well, the radar is still glitchy because I only did things that I could reverse-engineer with it by looking at MWtGG, but all the gameplay stuff seems to be behaving appropriately.

Good to know. Look foward for this mod. ;-)
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #37 on: March 20, 2009, 01:41:21 am »

Gosh, !voodoo is like a GES fad now... So many people are spamming it in-game. What have you done, VC? :P

Mark [lodle]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Mark [lodle] has no influence.
« Reply #38 on: March 20, 2009, 02:08:28 am »

Might have to code a new way of doing that. :P

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #39 on: May 11, 2009, 08:13:32 pm »

Will we be able to play a happy game with the Baron's mad laughter?

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #40 on: May 11, 2009, 09:34:47 pm »

Maybe, if we ever get around to doing work on L&LD.  I'm assuming once KM gets rolling explosion graphics down, making Baron effects will be a snap.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2009, 04:46:05 pm »

Thanks for the info. His laughter was the best part of the last mission in GE007.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up