GoldenEye: Source Forums

• April 28, 2024, 07:13:56 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 90222  (Read 23668 times)

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: VC's Laboratory 90222
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 03:21:34 pm »

I don't bother about that situation now. I know it's something you can't avoid, so I just try to aim steady and land my shots. I also avoid high-ping servers in order to improve my hitreg. Gone are the days of cursing at the monitor.
Of course this "problem" can always be attenuated, but I think there isn't much that can be done to make things better since there will always be a delay on the information transfer. Now about the jumphax problems, they can be solved and that is a priority since it goes beyond the simple hitreg problems; it goes as far as hitboxes.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 03:25:05 pm by PPK »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 04:16:26 pm »

Agreed, though its not "hax" its just an exploit. But yes that is one problem that will be adressed, as its grossely unfair, as unfair as bunnyhopping which got the axe in beta 3.0 :D

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 04:48:55 pm »

"Basically it means they can get shittier scores than their skill would be on LAN and blame it on us."
"play the game or play LAN."

I night or two back, while testing my L&LD against the scarecrow army, I, with a ping of 1ms, shot a bot with the golden gun and he didn't die. Blood sprayed, no death.  I shot him a second time and he died.

Clearly 1 millisecond is too much lag. I should play on a better server!  Perhaps if I crawl inside my computer case...

Blaming lag also fails to recognize the case of shooting an AFK in the head and doing no damage. When someone hasn't moved in ten seconds, there should be no question at all about where he's at and if the bullet counts.  The only way to explain that is if there was a discrepancy between where the client saw himself when he fired and where the server saw him when he fired, and the only way for that to happen is if the client and server player positions are drifting out of sync, and if that were happening, we'd see other symptoms like players getting stuck to objects, ceilings, and floors, intermittanly and in a manner that seems to fix itself when a player does something, like jump, that causes both sides to come to the same position calculation result.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

steven_m64

• Insane Coder
  • Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • steven_m64 has no influence.
« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 05:29:17 pm »

the built in ob-sdk bots have never been a really good test/replacement for real players odd hitbox and registration problems with them have been seen for a long while now.

don't compare them to real in-game testing with people.

at least not until tony "omega" gets along to releasing the new sdk code with proper bot support and many other fixes/examples.

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 05:37:33 pm »

Agreed, though its not "hax" its just an exploit. But yes that is one problem that will be adressed, as its grossely unfair, as unfair as bunnyhopping which got the axe in beta 3.0 :D
You obviously haven't seen me in game :/ a retarded bunny rabbit is a good description.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 07:31:23 pm »

My second example, the AFK player, is real in-game testing with people.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2009, 08:36:10 pm »

I just think let time settle on this coming patch. Then we'll see if servers network conditions fix up and maybe that helps the minor instances of hit-reg.

You know at the end of the day though if you are wrong and nothing can be done, if it pisses you off that much you could just not play LTK mode :P There will never be a tournament for LTK mode so how about just play that mode for fun instead of trying to be pros. You know when i play CS:S i expect to hear adolescents complain about hit-reg and ping drops and stuff....... all im saying :P

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2009, 10:38:52 pm »

People still play CSS?

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2009, 11:42:30 pm »

People still play CSS?

1.6 > CS:S - Nuff Said.

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #54 on: February 27, 2009, 05:04:41 am »

GES > The world
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #55 on: February 27, 2009, 09:47:09 am »

GES > The world

QFT

In fact, I have played in team LTK on a gamenight, not a tournament, but not really for fun. It is a fine game mode, the one I play the most in fact (and that I didi too on the N64). The problem is more "visible" on LTK due to the nature of the mode itself, where you die with one hit, but it happens too on other ones.

You complain about the hit reg, but just live and let die. They kill you, you kill them back. If it can be attenuated, perfect; if it can't, it won't make me stop from playing GE:S.

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2009, 10:39:53 am »

It does indeed suck. The afk player is the best example as VC said. Its not like they are bouncing around making the hitboxes fly about. They are still ffs, still as in been standing there for 10 seconds plus. D'OH
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up