GoldenEye: Source Forums

• June 26, 2024, 08:48:17 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: VC's Laboratory 90222  (Read 25492 times)

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
Re: VC's Laboratory 90222
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2009, 12:18:32 pm »

Jump hax sounds about right. The only way to compete against someone doing it is to do it yourself :)

Needless to say it needs looking into.

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2009, 06:32:23 pm »

KM agreed to investigate my plan, which is to increase jump power and remove +duck while jumping so players can still mantle railings.  He is afeared that Source will suprise us with something stupid, but since we're already having problems with getting stuck when touching solid walls, I think we'll be no worse off.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

UnKnown-Pain

• Secret Agent
  • UnKnown-Pain has no influence.
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2009, 07:22:44 pm »

Agreed, something needs to be done.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2009, 07:28:57 pm »

but since we're already having problems with getting stuck when touching solid walls, I think we'll be no worse off.

This i agree. It's worth the try to fix.. even though it's inevitable that they fuck something else up.

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2009, 07:33:29 pm »

Normally when you meddle in the Source engine, you manage to break something up. That's what my experience of gaming has taught me.

Jumping needs to be fixed. Higher, yes, but get rid of bunny-hopping. It is effective, but people look like retards and it gets annoying pretty fast.

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2009, 08:16:41 pm »

I was playing GG today, I was getting pretty good reg -- still some non-fatal bleeders but whatever.  Everything was fine except for the one guy who kept jumphacking.  I could put eight in him and he wouldn't die.  The only time I could reg a shot on him was if I shot him during the bunny-hop block delay or at the instant he'd pop his model, which would send his ragdoll into the ceiling.

Regardless, I had one, maybe two no-death rounds.  One was rough, since I was already busted up before I got the AuG so I had to milk 10 bars for the full round.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2009, 09:24:21 pm »

speaking of getting stuck in solid walls....why does that happen? I always wondered that in complex...since i seem to get stuck all the time. Is that going to be fixed up soon?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2009, 09:44:12 pm »

I remember that VC, I played with you at that time. Guess it was BloodyPain jumping around like crazy. It gets really desperate when they take advantage of this bug or exploit, the way you want to call it.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2009, 11:07:27 pm »

klax: I want to say yes, but since KM is out of town and is very reluctant to get involved in the issue, it will likely persist until 4.

PPK: It isn't so much desperation, as disrespect.  It's like playing original Goldeneye against the guy who keeps bumping your elbow every time you try to attack him.  Eventually you just make a fist, swing it into his nose, and play single player missions for a while.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2009, 11:13:59 pm »

I said desperate as a matter of speaking; not that I get desperate every time I see someone do that. In fact, I laugh because the movement of the character makes him/her look somehow stupid (Source makes you look like a jumping hunchback) and then I try to aim my best to get him because I know the hitreg on those situations is a bit iffy (iffier than in "normal" situations). I don't like to see them doing that though.

I was never bumped in the elbow while playing GoldenEye 007. I also never did it. It never occurred to me nor to my mates; we don't play cheap.

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2009, 11:17:43 pm »

What exactly does the jumphax do? I've ran into a few players myself that jump all over the place and I never could kill them, despite landing several headshots.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2009, 11:18:41 pm »

You were fortunate.  The groups I found usually had me up against Loudmouth Bully, Someone's Little Brother, and Hyper Nerd.

It displaces the view model and the hitboxes and is an artefact of Valve's lack of synchronization between players and animations.  The jumphack trick in GES makes your model "pop" about four feet higher than it should be, as shown in the video clip.  A similar problem famous in CSS is related to crouching.  You shoot your enemy in the head, you see blood, he immediately crouches and blows you away.  The problem is that he doesn't begin to crouch on your screen until he is completely crouched plus the time for that info to get to you.  That means when you shot his head on your screen, he was already crouched on the server so your bullet went over his head hitbox.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 11:21:47 pm by Viashino Cutthroat »

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2009, 01:44:23 am »

That little CSS crouch thing reminds me of how Valve refuses to allow the client to interpolate zooming... ever notice why when you are lagging the aim mode tends be very jerky in and out... same problem

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2009, 02:28:31 am »

lol.

Today's Golding-gunning, I made it a point to use sight whenever possible just to see if I could learn to use it.  I found that if I sighted and waited for a shot I'd hit.  If I went into my zen-mode (I am able to shift all control to my subconscious for about a quarter second) and used sight I'd hit.  But if I conciously tried to bring up sight and then take a snapshot, I'd miss every damn time because of the position twitch when the lag cleared after a tenth-second.

Not dissing you two, but I like playing against weak targets like Bloody and PPK because it gives me a chance to experiment under conditions where I will lose bars for failing rather than AuG posession.

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2009, 02:30:02 am »

I'm told that scarecrows are enabled in current, now.  Start the clock, I might be able to get L&LD done tonight because I'm that bad-ass, even in BASIC.

Or at least I think I am, since I just coded a neat little class for precalculating and caching values and it worked on the first try. :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up