GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:16:54 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: ge_facility - Easter Egg Mission (OLD)  (Read 38555 times)

Mike [fourtecks]

• Disregard KM, acquire death threats.
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 19
  • Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.Mike [fourtecks] is working their way up.
ge_facility - Easter Egg Mission (OLD)
« on: February 16, 2009, 06:13:50 am »

This thread is for a previous release of the map. All spots have been changed for Beta 4

If you are feeling bored and want to go an a hunt, there are 7 "DAT Cartridges" hidden in ge_facility. Can you find all 7? Some may be in dark locations, so use your flashlight if you need it (to enable, enter "mp_flashlight 1" in the console). They are small cartridges, but you can identify them because they say DAT on them.

Warning: Users may post their findings in this thread. If you want to look for them yourself first, don't read the replies just yet!

I intended to have this Easter egg hunt available in ge_control, but didn't find the time to add it before release. In a future update, ge_control and ge_facility_backzone will have this "feature".

HAPPY HUNTING
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 02:35:13 am by Mike [fourtecks] »
ge_facility, ge_facility_backzone, ge_control

rdcarden2006

• Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • rdcarden2006 has no influence.
    • Youtube Channel
Re: ge_facility - Easter Egg Mission
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 08:43:51 am »

I knew it was some kind of easter egg! I accidentally stumbled across one in the ventilation shaft above the restroom (In the part where you couldn't go in the original N64 game because a metal screen blocked it off). Now since I know there are more, I am going to go back hunting!

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 11:54:51 am »

Why does it say DAT on them. I thought a cooler idea would be to have the GoldenEye 007 cartridge instead.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:23:46 pm »

"The dat tape is a magnetic tape used for storing audio and computer data. Bond must collect a DAT in Silo and Aztec. "

I kinda like the idea of them, like a Easter egg in a Easter egg.

WOW, found all 7, now I need to find the hour I lost looking for them ;)

All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 12:24:36 pm »

One above the door in silo room. ;-)
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 02:02:00 pm »

I have yet to find more than 3! :D

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 02:10:31 pm »

I have found six so far. The last one keeps escaping me! :D

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 02:11:21 pm »

would be cool to have it with different skins e.g. goldeneye 007, perfect dark, conker bfd, banjo kazooie, zelda, mario 64 and other good N64 games.

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 02:29:21 pm »

I'll just post the ones I found here:

DAT 1
DAT 2
DAT 3
DAT 4
DAT 5
DAT 6

If I find the last one, I'll post here as well.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 02:53:39 pm »

Look in the ceiling vents and in some computers. ;)

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 03:16:37 pm »

Thanks to Sergeant Kelly, I have found the last one. I actually blew up the screen, but didn't bother looking inside.

DAT 7

Since we are talking about Facility, tell me what is wrong with this picture and I'll give you a candy.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 03:34:05 pm »

Dude, where the hell is your #6 screen shot? There is nothing to base it off of.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 03:39:03 pm »

Dude, where the hell is your #6 screen shot? There is nothing to base it off of.

It is above the door in one of the rooms with the tanks (the two large ones that have a grate in between). If it isn't on that one, then it's on the other tank room. I really don't recall in which room I found it; I just found it and too the screenshot... ;D

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 03:42:57 pm »

DAT 7

Since we are talking about Facility, tell me what is wrong with this picture and I'll give you a candy.
You're playing for almost an hour, that's what's wrong. :P

Also, the floor is made of metal.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 03:44:15 pm »

METAL FLOOR!??

omg kelly youre too friggin quick -.-
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up