GoldenEye: Source Forums

• March 28, 2024, 11:00:16 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: OFFICIAL Achievement Discussion  (Read 55409 times)

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Storm101 has no influence.
Re: OFFICIAL Achievement Discussion
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2009, 07:43:32 pm »

1. I don't think they're that hard, other than perhaps Number one with the bullet or I AM INVINCIBLE. All of the kill X amount ones are easy except for Klobbering time.

2. I have, thanks to LTK.

3. I haven't, but I think it's quite a poor achievement idea. Camping should never be encouraged, and it's more of a anti-achievement than anything. Why should you get a achievement for being a pussy, as the achievement puts it?

4. They definitely make me want to play more and I have a good time earning them (except I AM INVINCIBLE, which I should have if the idenity glitch didn't occur >_<). Though I think there are too many kill X amount achievements and there needs to be more scenario based ones.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2009, 08:43:40 pm by Storm101 »

Alacaboose

• Agent
  • Alacaboose has no influence.
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2009, 07:47:02 pm »

i think i really good hard one would be something like
Moon Harvester- 2,216 kills with the moonraker (when it goes in)  the moon is 221,600 miles away from earth so that is where i got that
What Would James Bond Do

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2009, 08:29:09 pm »

1. I think they are hard ennough to get. But in LTK mod, they are way too easy to get. It should be disabled in next beta.

2. I got this achievement in LTK mod so that was easy¸

3. Not me. ^^

4. Goldeneye source's achievement are hella cool. In fact, I pay more attention to thoses achievements than TF2's achievement. I dunno why haha.

5. For new achievements, try to add new type of achievements. Not like " Kill X amount of people whit X gun". We should exploit character's personality. Exemple:

Valentin - Shot James Bond in the knee (leg hitbox) 20 times, as Valentin (In the movie Valentin said that Bond shot him in the leg in the past, so it could be kind of a revenge).

James Bond - Get 4 award in a game of 6 people or more, as Bond.

Ourumov - Kill more than 20 people in archive with DD44, as Ourumov.

Jaws - Get a hudge total of 60 victims with silver PP7, as Jaws.

Etc. :)
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2009, 09:22:08 pm »

Those are nice, but instead of havng character names, should have quotes from the characters (except jaws of course).

Bond - Bond, James Bond

I can't think of any quotes for Ourumov at the moment

Jaws - Silver Jaws or something like that. I would say Jaws of Steel, but that wouldn't quite work with a Silver PP7.
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 346
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2009, 09:45:36 pm »

HAHA those are going to be at least 6 achievements with characters, like boris's, it will be funny trust me

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2009, 09:53:53 pm »

Well, I do agree that achievements are much easier to get in LTK. Maybe if we make kills only count as .2-.5 per kill when in LTK towards each achievement.

That and we need to raise the LTK Achievement higher, 500 kills is too easy.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

X-tra

• -
  • 00 Agent
  • X-tra is looked down upon.
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2009, 10:01:33 pm »

Well, I do agree that achievements are much easier to get in LTK. Maybe if we make kills only count as .2-.5 per kill when in LTK towards each achievement.

Or simply disable them in LTK. Well... you guys choose, but I think you need to change that. After getting klobbering time in LTK, I was not proud of me. I mean... I want to have something hard.
Just in case, I'm French. So if you see that some of my sentences dosen't make any sens, you know why. But hey, who care anyway ?

Ruone Delacroix

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 7
  • Ruone Delacroix has no influence.
    • Nexus of Gaming
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2009, 10:14:03 pm »

What if you just implement the different levels to LTK?

Agent - 500
Secret Agent - 1000
00 Agent - 1500
Admin of {TLP} Tastes Like Pants

Proud player of Goldeneye: Source. Keep up the great work, team!

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2009, 10:21:33 pm »

I like getting the agent achievement easy, it makes people try harder to get next level. I think just if the Secret, and 00agent are raised higher it will take longer and add the wanna play longer value, maybe 150 for secret, 200 for 00agent.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

Sergeant Kelly

• Deus Ex Fan.
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 18
  • Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.Sergeant Kelly is working their way up.
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2009, 10:26:17 pm »

And then 500 for 007. ;)

Since people seem to be submitting ideas, here are two:

Collateral Damage - Kill 3 people with one mine.
Un-freaking-Believable - Kill somebody at 170+ ft with a Klobb. No LTK.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!killermonkey is awe-inspiring!
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2009, 10:55:58 pm »

Stay on topic please! We are answering the 5 questions i posed (thanks Kelly)

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2009, 11:16:32 pm »

I don't know if there is a 007 level for the achievements, but if there is one, it should just be a counter, so then you would know how many you got after getting all 3 sets.

The Beatles pwn j00!

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2009, 11:25:25 pm »

1. Overall, how hard are achievements to get? Do you think they should take longer or be consistently average difficulty (for most)?

Only a few should essentially be hand outs / average difficulty. These are suppose to be achievements, and should mean something. More difficulty please.

2. Did anyone get Klobbering Time (Agent) yet??

No. I'm a little over half-way. But I haven't played much LTK. You NEED to disable all achievements on LTK. Or nearly all. There should be no argument over that.

3. Has anyone gotten Octopussy?

Nope.

4. What are your thoughts regarding achievements, do they make you want to play more?

Yes, definitely. As long as they are some-what challenging, of course. It just adds another layer to the game.

5. If you were to make a new achievement, what would it be (be realistic and you can build off the current ones like the leveled weapons)

You need to increase the required number on the weapon kill ones. Or maybe I just think that because of LTK. As for new ones... I'll have to think on that a bit more.

killermonkey

• GES Programmer
  • Retired Lead Developer
    • DroidMonkey Apps
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2009, 12:43:02 am »

I will not support disabling achievements for certain game modes, that is illogical. First of all, its your choice to play LTK, why should we punish people for playing their favorite game mode by denying them achievements?

I *do* support a system of every two kills counts for 1 in LTK, that is a fair compromise and wouldn't be hard to code.

Achievements are a personal thing, its not like you are going to win any money for cheating your way through them, so its not a big deal. I am going to up the kill limits on Secret Agent and 00 Agent in the next Patch release. Don't hold your breath for 007 Level.

@JcFerggy: the way achievements work prevents a continuous counter, of course, unless you make the level like 10,000!

Storm101

• 00 Agent
  • Storm101 has no influence.
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2009, 12:46:19 am »

What if we already have the Secret and 00 Agent achievements? How will upping the kill limit affect that?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up