GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 19, 2024, 08:29:14 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Frame Rates?  (Read 26740 times)

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
Re: Frame Rates?
« Reply #45 on: February 16, 2009, 07:47:52 pm »

cl_updaterate 101
cl_cmdrate 101
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA!

That's rich.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Sp1nn3y has no influence.
    • Sp1nn3ys Portfolio Website
« Reply #46 on: February 16, 2009, 07:48:59 pm »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA!

That's rich.

no need to hate cus i was rockin you in LTK lastnight  8)

VC

• Retired Developer
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2009, 07:52:14 pm »

It's not my fault that under source engine LTK spam through walls beats aiming and striking players with accuracy and precision.

And since the server is going to clamp both your update and command rates, my lol stands.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #48 on: February 16, 2009, 07:53:49 pm »

It's not my fault that under source engine LTK spam through walls beats aiming and striking players with accuracy and precision.

And since the server is going to clamp both your update and command rates, my lol stands.

:'( :'( :'( It's worth a try isn't it now >.>

VC

• Retired Developer
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2009, 08:06:58 pm »

Always.

CCsaint10

• Nickname: "Saint"
  • Reputation Power: 71
  • CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!CCsaint10 is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #50 on: February 16, 2009, 08:23:04 pm »

by the way, what do those 2 commands you added do to the game?

Brings back memories, doesn't it? :D

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #51 on: February 16, 2009, 08:38:48 pm »

cl_cmdrate is the number of times per second the client informs the server of its actions.
cl_updaterate is the number of times per second the server tells the client what's been going on in the map.

It is obviously best to get as many updates from the server as possible because this gives you a more accurate picture of where everyone one is and where their bullets are going.
(Note: this stuff fluctuates with different computers etc etc but i found out the majority of them use 100/101.. while some use 30/30...)

but it also has to do with server tick rates and stuff like that.... hence his haha'ing i believe if i'm not mistaken :-X

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/article.php?id=59] is my reference i've had on favs for a good bit ;-) Copy+Paste Win?

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2009, 08:55:53 pm »

Useful commands you pointed out Sp1nn3y. I'll probably put them to use when I play again.

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2009, 08:59:20 pm »

Useful commands you pointed out Sp1nn3y. I'll probably put them to use when I play again.

:D I'm always looking into getting better frame rates and having that tad bit better game play myself, might as well spread the wealth.

[applauds] yay for meee

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2009, 09:00:38 pm »

Just had to say this.

My FPS just went up by three.

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2009, 09:02:35 pm »

Just had to say this.

My FPS just went up by three.

YAY for posts to raise post count ;)
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

JcFerggy

• Reputation Power: 87
  • JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!JcFerggy is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2009, 09:05:17 pm »

Hey, Done make me come in there.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2009, 09:10:08 pm »

YAY for posts to raise post count ;)

Hehe it was just for one, to get to 500.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • keefy is looked down upon.
« Reply #58 on: February 17, 2009, 02:29:02 am »

Hehe, Sp
cl_cmdrate is the number of times per second the client informs the server of its actions.
cl_updaterate is the number of times per second the server tells the client what's been going on in the map.

It is obviously best to get as many updates from the server as possible because this gives you a more accurate picture of where everyone one is and where their bullets are going.
(Note: this stuff fluctuates with different computers etc etc but i found out the majority of them use 100/101.. while some use 30/30...)

but it also has to do with server tick rates and stuff like that.... hence his haha'ing i believe if i'm not mistaken :-X

http://www.enemydown.co.uk/article.php?id=59] is my reference i've had on favs for a good bit ;-) Copy+Paste Win?
Additional.
cl_cmdrate  You can only send as many updates as you have FPS i.e 30FPS = 30 updates sent.
Tickrate  you cannot send or receive more updates than the tickrate lets say you have cl_updaterate 100 but are playign on a 66 tick sever you willonly send and recieve 66 ticks/updates

Sp1nn3y

• Local Graphic Artist
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #59 on: February 17, 2009, 02:45:06 am »

Hehe, SpAdditional.
cl_cmdrate  You can only send as many updates as you have FPS i.e 30FPS = 30 updates sent.
Tickrate  you cannot send or receive more updates than the tickrate lets say you have cl_updaterate 100 but are playign on a 66 tick sever you willonly send and recieve 66 ticks/updates

Good stuff nice addition..

Thats why i have it set to 100 instead of 30... because my stuff fluctuates from 8-60ish so it will already be like, "oh OK this works its allowing me to do more".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up