GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 11:22:54 pm
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Clan tag support  (Read 6576 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Clan tag support
« on: February 09, 2009, 04:12:45 pm »

I did a quick search and could not find anything about this.

What about the ability to add our clan Tag infront or behind our ingame name, is that even possible without us having to change our steam  friends name?
example
ge_clantag "xx"
ge_clantagpos "x"   1 = infront 2= behind

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Clan tag support
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2009, 06:12:25 pm »

I guess you can do that in the same way you change your name on TF2 without changing your Steam name. It is through a console command I don't recall now. If I remember it, I'll post here, if no one else replies with the right one.

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2009, 06:34:44 pm »

This idea shoudnt be put in because you then woulndt name yourself for ex. "[L[T]K]Wake" in steam friends anymore so it would have to be "Wake" then, which doesnt show what clan im in for friends.

Now DEV support, is something that will likely go in :P an indicator to display official devs are in the game.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2009, 06:59:12 pm »

Well many people are in different clans for different games. If it was to be implemented You just don't use it if you do not want to.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:01:09 pm by keefy »

Wake[of]theBunT

• Former [PR/SFX/Webmaster]
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 108
  • Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!Wake[of]theBunT is awe-inspiring!
    • Goldeneye Source
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2009, 07:12:53 pm »

This is more a steam issue then isnt it? I agree i think it sucks quite a lot how they handle OrangeBox naming, try getting onto them via steam beta suggestions etc for a "dropdown" in OrangeBox games to select from a list compiled through steamfriends options. So that say if they were to implement it when you enter beta 3 your friends name automatically changes to the name you assigned :D

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2009, 07:54:05 pm »

I guess you can do that in the same way you change your name on TF2 without changing your Steam name. It is through a console command I don't recall now. If I remember it, I'll post here, if no one else replies with the right one.
setinfo name "namehere"

you can bind it to a key which when pressed changes my name, I have also tried adding it to my autoexec but it didn't seem to work?
setinfo name [S-UK].keefy
Teh above is correct because when I exec autoexec it changes my name, so why doesnt it change it when it first gets exec'd when game starts is the important question I think.

It does not like spaces
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 08:28:11 pm by keefy »
Pages: [1]   Go Up