GoldenEye: Source Forums

• October 18, 2024, 08:51:51 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Dual Wielding  (Read 22863 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Re: Dual Wielding
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2009, 06:22:04 am »

You know, I never thought of that. How would players look holding weapons, that they normally hold with 2 hands?
Ever play perfect dark?

drukqaddik

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • drukqaddik has no influence.
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2009, 07:18:35 am »

as long as they can shoot em who cares what they look like..

*fires two pump shotguns repeatedly*

Sean [Baron]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 2
  • Sean [Baron] has no influence.
    • GoldenEye: Source Official Site
« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2009, 08:00:43 am »

He's probably referring to the animations in-game. Well to answer that, we would need to make custom animations so that the 3rd person model is holding two guns, instead of how it would be right now, which would be holding one (even though the player has dual weapons). Which as you can imagine would cause quite a few problems with you not knowing what your enemy is fighting with.

So, to answer that. Yes we are making custom animations, and duals won't be avaibable for a little while because of this.
/Sean "Baron" Stock
Director
sean@goldeneyesource.net

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2009, 12:34:37 pm »

Will there be a complete animation for reloading two weapons, something in the likes of the Elites from CS? Only in third person, that is.

djzeratul

• 60% of the time, it works every time.
  • Agent
  • djzeratul has no influence.
    • DivX.com
« Reply #34 on: December 26, 2010, 09:47:16 pm »

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but... I noticed that dual wield support was not available as of the final release. Is this functionality still in the pipeline? Will it be like GE64 where you can hold a rocket launcher in one hand and a KF7 in the other? Wishful thinking, I know... but that would be awesome.

Thanks guys! This mod is freakin awesome.

DJZeratul
Server: DJZeratul's Communist Club

major

• On Vacation
  • Retired Developer
  • Reputation Power: 109
  • major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!major is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #35 on: December 26, 2010, 10:14:47 pm »

v4.1 isn't the final release by a long shot.

You will see dual wielding in GE:S. Whether its implementation is a limited selection for MP, or a full all weapon system. Or possibly no dual wielding in MP, just SP, its all still to be decided and tested. Rest assure, what ever choice that is decided, all ways will be tested and options weighed thoroughly.
All view points are of my own and not associated with the team.

djzeratul

• 60% of the time, it works every time.
  • Agent
  • djzeratul has no influence.
    • DivX.com
« Reply #36 on: December 26, 2010, 10:19:28 pm »

Sweet! Thanks for the prompt response. I will look forward to whatever options may become available.

I would suggest maybe a server flag... I know a lot of my friends wouldn't mind playing MP with dual wield, because we just play for fun. But I know it would cause balance issues on tournament servers or servers with a lot of whiners.

Sobek

• Agent
  • Sobek has no influence.
« Reply #37 on: December 27, 2010, 12:32:54 am »

Oh man, hahaha. Dual Wielding... I'd almost forgotten about that!

Did Goldeneye 64 do anything special when dual wielding, like reduce the overall damage of both guns to balance out having that additional firepower? Or did it just give you two guns and double the damage potential? I can't recall any more...

VC

• Valiant Varanidæ, Citrus Jockey
  • Retired Developer
  • GE:S Fanatic
  • Reputation Power: 16
  • VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.VC is working their way up.
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2010, 01:08:19 am »

Two guns yes, double damage potential, not really.  The invulnerability system is still in effect.  However, since chump guards have little/no invuln time, duals mowed their asses down.

There is a mechanic behind the triggers, when you hold FIRE, the second gun fires shortly after the first gun starts firing.
"As for VC's scripts they have not broken the game at all, in fact the game has never felt better." -- KM
"(03:12:41 PM) KM: I would call you a no life loser, but you are useful"
"(03:12:59 PM) VC: Go ahead.  I am, and I am."

namajnaG

• Grindcore FM worshipper
  • Reputation Power: 333
  • namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!namajnaG is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #39 on: December 27, 2010, 09:30:55 am »

For what I remember, The original MP did not have dual-wield.

V!NCENT

• 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 6
  • V!NCENT has no influence.
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010, 10:01:57 am »

Dual Phantoms! :D (only for the sake of nostalgia at frigate)

Player1srb

• Agent
  • Player1srb has no influence.
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2011, 10:55:36 am »

I'm with the dual wielding, of course... But personally I would have huge problems if it would include 2 firing buttons, because I already had to remap keys. Ever since I started to paly FPS games on the PC, I used Mouse2 to jump, and Space to aim. I can't recall why, but I think that used to be default in some older games, so I got used to it, and remapped every time in new games where Mouse2 was aiming button. In CoD, I was surprised and disappointed by that feature. You can fire each gun separately, but only when you have default control settings, Mouse1 fires left gun, Mouse2 fires right gun. On my settings, where are just these two buttons exchanged (Mouse2 and Space button), Space fires the right gun so many times I got confused which gun I'm firing. They've should make a script that recognizes if player changes controls, to map the gun controlling based on key positions. Or at least, in Control settings menu, separated dual wielding key mapping. Think about it. ;)

Rick Astley

• Reputation Power: 174
  • Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!Rick Astley is awe-inspiring!
« Reply #42 on: March 31, 2011, 01:27:18 am »

Personally i think that the only weapons that should be duel wielded are:
Pistols like PP7 and Moonraker Laser

Jonathon [SSL]

• Generalist
  • Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 99
  • Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!Jonathon [SSL] is awe-inspiring!
    • Steam Community Page
« Reply #43 on: March 31, 2011, 02:07:59 am »

The main issue with dualies (from what I understand) is just that we don't have the correct model source files to effectively flip the weapon models/animations. I spent a few months with that as one of my main tasks, attempting to write scripts to flip animations and meshes properly  and possibly to make multiple arm meshes possible.

Unfortunately, since all our content is so old and the only way to get the sources is through reverse-engineering our compiled models, I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon.

However, the future may hold bigger and better things...
Luchador: I NEVER NAME MY FILES IN UPPER CASE
Luchador: I ONLY TALK IN UPPER CASE
[GE:S] killermonkey: GOOD TO KNOW

Sobek

• Agent
  • Sobek has no influence.
« Reply #44 on: April 06, 2011, 04:27:50 am »

Personally i think that the only weapons that should be duel wielded are:
Pistols like PP7 and Moonraker Laser

Dual moonrakers would be insane. In fact, I'm not sure I'd WANT to see that in effect... You can completely dominate with just one as it is now  :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up