GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 09:34:46 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Goldeneye source not offered by steam?  (Read 7539 times)

smood

Goldeneye source not offered by steam?
« on: February 08, 2009, 07:31:03 pm »

I was just wondering why goldeneye source is not offered by steam? It would help me immensely because my connection is not that great so downloading a 500 meg file from filefront is probably all but impossible.

Thanks!

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Goldeneye source not offered by steam?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 07:39:20 pm »

No man, it is not offered by Steam. By the way, where are you from? There are other mirrors besides FileFront. A list of the available ones can be found on the following URL:
http://wiki.goldeneyesource.net/index.php/Beta_3_Mirrors

Go ahead and pick the one closest to you. Hope this helped!

And btw, welcome to the forums!

Konrad Beerbaum

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Konrad Beerbaum has no influence.
    • Konrad Beerbaum Online Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2009, 08:46:39 pm »

Valve has to select a mod to be offered by Steam.
Konrad Beerbaum: Environment Artist
http://www.konradbeerbaum.com

Jonathan [Spider]

• Retired Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 1
  • Jonathan [Spider] has no influence.
    • Jonathan Scott Art
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2009, 08:48:31 pm »

I was just wondering why goldeneye source is not offered by steam? It would help me immensely because my connection is not that great so downloading a 500 meg file from filefront is probably all but impossible.

Thanks!

steam cant host us because Goldeneye is not our IP and we dont own the rights to distribute it. so we have to go solo unless MGM, Rare, Nintendo, and Activision wants to be super cool and let us give away the game for free through steam haha.
Fonfa
"making out with ugly girls builds character"
"getting the ugly girls then the pretty ones makes you feel like leveling up in an rpg game"

SLX- i'm having a problem
Spider2544 - if you need me to bury a hooker, i can be there in 20 mins with my shovel
SLX - bring condoms

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2009, 08:52:17 pm »

so we have to go solo unless MGM, Rare, Nintendo, and Activision wants to be super cool and let us give away the game for free through steam haha.

Exactly. They could be that cool if we weren't screwing up their business for making a 007 mod better than the commercial games... Haha you devs are mean SOB's  :P ;D

kraid

• Game Artist
  • Reputation Power: 191
  • kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!kraid is awe-inspiring!
    • my Homepage
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2009, 09:05:01 pm »

They couldn't find an agreement for the XBLA remake of Goldeneye, so the chances for them to be "cool" are very low or not existing at all.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2009, 09:38:53 pm »

They couldn't find an agreement for the XBLA remake of Goldeneye, so the chances for them to be "cool" are very low or not existing at all.

Damn big companies always thinking about money...
Pages: [1]   Go Up