GoldenEye: Source Forums

• September 22, 2024, 09:21:28 am
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Weapon spread  (Read 13065 times)

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • keefy is looked down upon.
Re: Weapon spread
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2009, 09:39:45 pm »

What more do you want the demo shows clearly that the pp7 is far more accurate than the ar33, besides I get the impression it doesnt matter what is proved it will not be changed because as of now it's in your words "faithfull" to the original.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:23:36 pm by keefy »

PPK

• Reputation Power: 26
  • PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2009, 10:01:39 pm »

It is all a question of balance and, as you said, faithfulness.

I will repeat myself by saying this, but oh well...
It needs to be a useful weapon. In fact, in real life (if anyone comes with the realism argument) you are in the same stance if you have an AR33 (M16) or a PP7 (PPK), i.e. at close range (thus obliterating any accuracy-related issues), if I shoot you with the pistol, I don't think the rifle will save you from anything. of course the damages dealt by each weapon must be different due to the nature of the projectiles shot by each other. But, and I say it again, this is GoldenEye and the PP7 is like a sniper rifle without the scope and twice the awesomeness. One advice: if you want realism, or as close as it can get of real life, when it comes to videogames and weapons used therein, go play America's Army.
'Nuff said.

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2009, 10:20:37 pm »

I cant stand realism in games which is why i do not play realisitc games I have never once said anything about realism.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2009, 10:23:05 pm by keefy »

PPK

• PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.PPK is on the verge of being accepted.
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2009, 10:28:23 pm »

I didn't say you mentioned realism, if you read my post carefully; I was just trying to make an explanation. please follow my line of thinking the next time you read posts. It isn't that complicated and can save you from a lot of trouble.

I don't play America's Army either; first match I played made me want to uninstall it, because I can't stand being killed by one shot (I have LTK for that already :D).

keefy

• EWJ
  • 00 Agent
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2009, 10:40:21 pm »

You ask me to look at it from your point of view yet you completely ignore and disregard mine.
I like the mod but just think the direction of absolute faithfulness is not the right thing to do, as much as the original is good it i has its flaws.

PPK

• Warrior Nation
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2009, 10:50:43 pm »

I did not ask you to look at my point of view but instead to follow my line of thinking. They are two distinct things. I do not ignore your point of view, far from that; I just present my arguments that happen to go against your point of view. And just to mention, we're trying to have an healthy debate here, so don't take anything personally.

I personally do not consider the aspect you mentioned a flaw, more of a gameplay feature that places less emphasis on bigger and most powerful weapons and puts some more of that emphasis on smaller, more tactical weapons.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up